• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Carrie Fisher has died at age 60

Broadway Will Dim Marquee Lights For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher

The marquees of Broadway theaters will be dimmed for one minute tomorrow at 7:45 P.M. in memory of Carrie Fisher, who died December 27 at age 60, and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, who died the next day, at age 84.

Mother and daughter both made their Broadway debuts in 1973 in a “revisal” of the 1919 musical Irene, for which Reynolds, in the title role, was nominated for the Tony award for leading actress in a musical. Reynolds later appeared in Woman Of The Year, following Lauren Bacall and Raquel Welch in the title role. She also appeared in a musical revue, Debbie, and toured the U.S. in Annie Get Your Gun and The Unsinkable Molly Brown.

Fisher wrote and most recently appeared on Broadway in the original solo show Wishful Drinking. Her additional Broadway credits include Agnes Of God and Censored Scenes From King Kong.

https://deadline.com/2017/01/debbie-reynolds-carrie-fisher-broadway-dim-lights-1201879214/

No Plans For Digital Version Of Princess Or General Leia, Lucasfilm Says

Lucasfilm has unequivocally ruled out any digital recreation of Carrie Fisher’s General Leia in the ninth Star Wars film. “We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa,” the studio said in a statement posted to the official Star Wars site.

The statement comes amid rumors to the contrary that began as speculation after the sudden, tragic death of Carrie Fisher over the holidays. Fisher had reportedly completed her scenes for the upcoming, still untitled Star Wars Episode VIII at the time she died, and was apparently due for an even larger role in Episode IX.

Many observers quickly noted that Lucasfilm’s current monster hit Rogue One notably features a digital likeness of Carrie Fisher’s Princess Leia as she appeared in 1977’s Star Wars, as well as of the late Peter Cushing, and hence came speculation that the studio might employ the same technology for Episode IX. Then earlier this week, it was reported that the studio was in negotiations with the Fisher estate over the use of her likeness, prompting much comment and some criticism of the idea.

https://deadline.com/2017/01/lucafilm-carrie-fisher-no-digital-princess-leia-1201886081/

NBC runs an SNL episode from 1978 tonight where Carrie hosted. This will air 10pm E/P. Should be interesting as this season is rarely seen these days.

Carrie Fisher Will Appear in ‘Star Wars: Episode IX,’ Brother Says

The late Carrie Fisher will appear in “Star Wars: Episode IX,” according to her brother Todd Fisher.

New York Daily News’ Confidential reports that while attending the opening night gala of the TCM Film Festival in Los Angeles, Todd Fisher said that Disney would love to bring back Princess Leia and that he and Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd, have given the studio permission to use recent footage for the final movie of the new trilogy.

“Both of us were like, ‘Yes, how do you take her out of it?’ And the answer is you don’t,” Fisher said. “She’s as much a part of it as anything and I think her presence now is even more powerful than it was, like Obi Wan — when the saber cuts him down he becomes more powerful. I feel like that’s what’s happened with Carrie. I think the legacy should continue.”

http://www.thewrap.com/carrie-fisher-may-appear-in-star-wars-episode-ix-brother-says/

Carrie Fisher’s Death Due to Sleep Apnea, Drug Use, Other Factors, Says Coroner

Los Angeles County coroners have determined that Carrie Fisher’s death was due to a combination of factors including sleep apnea and “other conditions: atherosclerotic heart disease, drug use,” the Associated Press and the Los Angeles Times are reporting.

The coroner's office released a short summary on Friday detailing its findings, but no single cause of death was identified. The statement determined that “the manner of death has been ruled undetermined.”

While Fisher was very public about her struggles with mental illness and addiction, the kind of drugs taken and the extent to which they contributed to her death is not known; the coroner’s summary stated “How Injury Occurred: Multiple drug intake, significance not ascertained.”

http://www.thewrap.com/carrie-fishers-death-due-sleep-apnea-drug-use-factors-says-coroner/

Carrie Fisher Had Cocaine, Heroin and Ecstasy in Her System, Autopsy Finds

Carrie Fisher, who died last December, had a mix of drugs in her system when she became ill on a flight from London to Los Angeles.

The Associated Press reported that Fisher had cocaine, heroin and ecstasy in her system, although it’s unclear what impact the substances might have had on her death.

“At this time the significance of cocaine cannot be established in this case,” the full autopsy report, released Monday, states.

The findings also surmise that Fisher had taken the cocaine three days before had suffered a heart attack on a transatlantic flight on Dec. 23. She died four days later. While heroin is detectable in the system for a period of time after ingesting, it’s unclear when that and the ecstasy were taken.

The results come from toxicology screenings that were taken when Fisher arrived at the hospital.

https://www.thewrap.com/carrie-fisher-cocaine-heroin-ecstasy-system/

Carrie Fisher Remembered on Anniversary of Her Death: ‘Most Brilliant of Humans’

Carrie Fisher’s friends and fans took to Twitter on Wednesday to honor the late star on the one-year anniversary of her death.

Fisher, best known for playing the space princess and rebel general Leia Organa in the “Star Wars” franchise, died on Dec. 27, 2016, after suffering a heart attack on a flight from London to Los Angeles. She was 60.

Her close friend and “Star Wars” on-screen brother, Mark Hamill, posted a series of photos of Fisher with the caption, “No one’s ever really gone.” His #CarrieOnForever hashtag began trending quickly on Twitter, as other users included it in their tribute posts.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/carrie-fisher-anniversary-death-tributes-mark-hamill-1202649025/

I saw that she was in the new "Star Wars" movie. Amazing that they finished that an entire year in advance. I drove to Winston-Salem yesterday because their library is back in operation. Some of what I wanted to do there while it was closed I could do in nearby Greensboro. And I remember how last year when I drove to Greensboro, I heard about her and Debbie Reynolds every hour on the hour.

How this is possible I don't understand, but when Peter's boss on "Family Guy" is on she's still listed in the credits.

At long last, "Family Guy" had a funeral for the character.

in typical Family Guy fashion, they "ruined" the tribute by revealing that Peter was at the wrong funeral. but still a good way to send the character off, now they need to do the same for Adam West, who is not only the mayor of Quahog but also the brother in law/uncle to the Griffins on Lois' side of the family.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom