• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFOG stays AAA with new PD Bryan Schock

FWIW, KFOG is up .2 to a 1.9 in the new ratings.

If I recall correctly, they have been hovering at or near this range for years. KISQ has jumped a full point since the switch, which clearly justifies the change. If KFOG has roughly the same ratings, perhaps it could still be a success if they feared a huge coming drop. Otherwise, I'm not sure the change is a success. My theory is they intended to change formats altogether, but tried a Hail Mary first by getting rid of all shows and DJs to see if it would have a noticeable difference, but it does not appear to so far.

If I recall correctly, they have been hovering at or near this range for years. KISQ has jumped a full point since the switch, which clearly justifies the change. If KFOG has roughly the same ratings, perhaps it could still be a success if they feared a huge coming drop. Otherwise, I'm not sure the change is a success. My theory is they intended to change formats altogether, but tried a Hail Mary first by getting rid of all shows and DJs to see if it would have a noticeable difference, but it does not appear to so far.

Sad but true. If nothing else, the demos are now younger than they were 6 months ago, so that may be Cumulus' idea of a win. It's also cheaper to run with fewer deejays.

Sad but true. If nothing else, the demos are now younger than they were 6 months ago, so that may be Cumulus' idea of a win. It's also cheaper to run with fewer deejays.

If they were to flip formats, what would they do that would be better than their current 1.9? Not sure there's a 2.0+ format out there for them. KNBR-FM maybe?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom