• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRKO announced boston.com morning show

Just put out on facebook with a pic of Kim Carrigan 6-10 am

http://www.wrko.com/article/wrko-announces-revamped-lineup-featuring-new-trending-morning-show

>>The show will lean heavily on contributing writers and columnists from the highly-trafficked, regional website as well as national correspondents from ABC News. Joining Carrigan will be former WEEI morning personality and play-by-play talent Jon Meterparel and producer David Cullinane.
All of WRKO’s programming in weekday prime will be live and local for the first time in more than 20 years. To reflect that fact, the station is adopting a new logo and positioning statement as “The Voice of Boston.”

CIWK1RxUAAAaD9-.png

Last edited:
Reaction on WRKO facebook page is fairly negative so far but some like it. People say Carrigan is boring; "it'll sound like NPR", "about time you improved programming",
"was hoping for Mike Siegel"; one attacked RKO for taking Rush off in time for the '16 elections. One comment says they will follow Jeff to his new time slot while another
says he doesn't think he'll listen "to this when Kuhner leaves the morning slot".

https://www.facebook.com/WRKO680

I think this is a great move for WRKO. I listened when Kim filled in for Jeff Kuhner and can't wait to hear the new show. :)

In spite of Kuhner boasting that his morning show ratings were through the roof which is why they asked him to move to the Noon slot, I believe this new morning show will gain traction quickly and improve ratings for the station throughout the day.

Great move. Kim Carrigan is a professional on a station which for a great number of years has rejected anything resembling professionals, If it sounds like NPR so much the better. Perhaps, light has dawned on "Marblehead" and fewer people from "Athol" a running the station in to the ground.....;-)

http://www.wrko.com/article/wrko-announces-revamped-lineup-featuring-new-trending-morning-show

>>The show will lean heavily on contributing writers and columnists from the highly-trafficked, regional website as well as national correspondents from ABC News. Joining Carrigan will be former WEEI morning personality and play-by-play talent Jon Meterparel and producer David Cullinane.
All of WRKO’s programming in weekday prime will be live and local for the first time in more than 20 years. To reflect that fact, the station is adopting a new logo and positioning statement as “The Voice of Boston.”

CIWK1RxUAAAaD9-.png

I never post here but have to say props to Entercom for trying something different. Limbaugh is done. He can nap away his later years in obscurity with the other has-beens Hannity and Beck. WMEX would be laughable in any market, let alone a Top-10. And WBZ has been boringly the same for decades. I think the move is genius and like anything new may fail but at least they are trying.

Okay haters, bring it!

Yes, Danny Rea at BZ is showing his YAFA - Young Americans For America - a 60's extreme Right Wing Nut group - colors for a few years now. Rea is a good guy but he some times cannot control his extreme views.
I never post here but have to say props to Entercom for trying something different. Limbaugh is done. He can nap away his later years in obscurity with the other has-beens Hannity and Beck. WMEX would be laughable in any market, let alone a Top-10. And WBZ has been boringly the same for decades. I think the move is genius and like anything new may fail but at least they are trying.

Okay haters, bring it!

>>The show will lean heavily on contributing writers and columnists from the highly-trafficked, regional website as well as national correspondents from ABC News.

CIWK1RxUAAAaD9-.png

Does this mean that WRKO will be airing ABC Radio Network News as part of their new live and local lineup? Does ABC even still have a radio network newscast?

Wikipedia,ABC Radio:"Citadel Broadcasting was later acquired by Cumulus Media: in July 2014, Cumulus announced that it would end its partnership with ABC News, and begin a new partnership with CNN to syndicate news content for its stations beginning on January 1, 2015. In turn, ABC announced that it would take the syndication of its radio content in-house under a revived ABC Radio, with distribution handled by Skyview Networks."

Katz was crazy and not in a good sense. Believe he was arrested for throwing his wife into the fireplace... Yup, that does sound like conservative radio: Divorce your wife and carry on an affair with the station secretary, lose your hearing because of abuse of oxycontin as well as having your maid steal the drugs for you. Yup, sounds like conservative talk radio to me.
Katz & McCarthy redux?

Katz was crazy and not in a good sense. Believe he was arrested for throwing his wife into the fireplace... Yup, that does sound like conservative radio: Divorce your wife and carry on an affair with the station secretary, lose your hearing because of abuse of oxycontin as well as having your maid steal the drugs for you. Yup, sounds like conservative talk radio to me.

OK Katz DID NOT I REPEAT DID NOT do anything to his wife, Katz was Single when he was at WRKO, it was Tom Leykis that committed spousal abuse.

Jeff is married to a wonderful woman, they have 2 sons and a daughter IIRC.

Jeff is doing quite well in Richmond btw.

I will agree that Katz and McCarthy was a mistake, and the mistake was McCarthy, she may have been great on TV, she couldn't cut it in radio where it requires more than reading a teleprompter

Agreed. Leykis' incident came before he went to Calif
>>He later left the Boston station for a new job in Los Angeles after a publicized domestic disturbance with then-wife Susan at the end of 1993. In March 1994, pretrial probation was granted and the charges stemming from that assault were dropped in exchange for his attendance in a program for batterers (Wiki.--Tom Leykis)

Tuned into Crazy Kuhners last hour yesterday. To listen to him, he made the decision to move to noon to 3pm not Entercom. He has to take his show national. so the rest of the nation could hear the callers from Boston as he takes the show from market to market to market. He also saud he was only operating at 50% due to the early hour so you can look forward to 100% crazy starting Monday.

BTW, it also funny listening to Limbaugh the guy who has been married what 5 or 6 times talking about the sactity of marriage.

New RKO logo unveiled on facebook;now says
The Voice of Boston.
Sched page for now still has up to today but
not beyond it.,main page does list BDC morning show
and Kuhner at noon,but still says Levin 7pm even
though WKOX is supposed to have him at 9.
On both stations or is Levin still on RKO
awhile longer?

Jim and Margery will walk all over Mister Hard G.
New RKO logo unveiled on facebook;now says
The Voice of Boston.
Sched page for now still has up to today but
not beyond it.,main page does list BDC morning show
and Kuhner at noon,but still says Levin 7pm even
though WKOX is supposed to have him at 9.
On both stations or is Levin still on RKO
awhile longer?

Maybe Cumulus won't mind Levin on both,as the 1430
night signal isn't much and maybe no market exclusivity
exclusivity...?
In Portland I think Hannity is on both WGAN and WZAN,
at diff times.Same owner in that case though.

I've listened to the new WRKO/Boston.com morning show for awhile yesterday and again this morning. I noticed that instead of traditional traffic reports, they tell listeners to download the WRKO traffic app to get traffic anytime.

Maybe this is the wave of the future for traffic reports but aren't you "asking" listeners to turn to WBZ by not including live traffic reports?

Sounds like the old WJDA/WESX. Back to 1955 all over again. Soon they will be reading obits and lost pets to fill in the dead air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom