• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Paul Revere Dies of Cancer at 76

Not at all. Popularizing the music of artists who don't sell very well is a form of pioneering. Hell, that's pretty much what Led Zeppelin was all about at first, though Page liked to sign his own name to songs by the old blues masters.

However, the point you're ignoring is that you starting whining about lyrics, and I mentioned the Ventures as artists who recorded songs without any lyrics at all. Instead of continuing to discuss the issue of lyrics, you go off on a tangent about whether or not the Ventures are worthy enough in your eyes.

It seems you just like to argue for the sake of argument.

Four of the songs I listed charted in Billboard's Top 100. That means that they sold pretty well. Like I said, if you need more examples give me a holler. And I'm not the poster who brought up the subject of lyrics. Since all of the other posters disagree with you I guess it's easy to get confused.

When the American midwest was being settled, all of the "sodbusters" who plowed the virgin prairie to start farms were pioneers. But, the ones who came later and simply plowed fields that had already been plowed were not pioneers. All of the early settlers who went to Australia, even though they were convicts sent their as punishment, but who built Australia into a nation were pioneers. All of the people who started the very first radio stations in the late teens and early 20's of the previous century were pioneers.

Paul Revere and the Raiders were one of the first American bands to take the "British Invasion" model of how a band works and combine it with American R&B influences as well as Tin Pan Alley sensibilities to create a new synthesis. That makes them pioneers. Later bands that recreated a similar synthesis weren't pioneers, because they were re-plowing previously plowed fields. That's why the Monkees weren't musical pioneers, though they were pioneers in the field of American television sitcoms.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom