• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annoying TV Commercials 2013 Edition

Any version of the JG Wentworth commercial where they are singing like an opera. I have to change the channel every time it comes on. It is just the worst thing ever!

Getting tired of the Sprint commercials with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell... are they that hard up for work?

Oh, and the Barnes and Noble spots with Kenneth from 30 Rock.

* Sorry, but Flo's got to go.
* Geico truly needs to find the exit door too.
* Lawyer ads are a perennial irritant.
* Pretty much any beer ad has found the shark by now.
* I couldn't even believe that back-to-school Kmart ad, just an amazing new low.

It's pretty bad when the mute button gets more action than almost any other part of my remote these days......

Sears has hit a new low, using the Kardashian sisters in their latest ad!

On the other hand, I am really enjoying the Gatlinburg tourism commercials, the ones featuring the intro to "Can't You See" by the Marshall Tucker Band. I am not sure if these are being shown in all markets.

Getting tired of the Sprint commercials with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell... are they that hard up for work?

I suspect it's quite the opposite. I'm sure both are semi-retired and financially well off. I'll bet the phone conversation went like this: "No, I'm not interested, I'd have to have the chauffeur drive me all the way down to the studio, and....you're going to pay me WHAT? What time should I be there?"

I agree most of the ads mentioned are annoying. What bothers me the most is with Cox cable inserting their own "local" commercials on national tv channels. I can be watching FX, TNT, TBS, TVLand and many other national stations. When they go to their commercial, sometimes it plays all the way throught and other times, Cox inserts their own commercial 5 to 10 seconds into the other commercial. It can be the same way at the end, when Cox finishes and you come back to the last 5 seconds of the stations commercial. If it were something interesting it might be okay but many of the ads are for these medical lawsuits (hip replacement recalls, use of YAZ birth control, mesh sling and others), local attorneys for injury, or debt solutions or the wonderful family for Cox Bundles.

Well all Cable companies insert local ads during cable shows. But for Directv they don't do local ads on cable shows that much but usually insert their own Pay-Per View ads more.
Sure I know another ad thats annoying "The Tax Masters" its the spokesman face with dramatic music that appears there thats scaring people from talking and negotiating with the IRS. This tends to be on CNN and CNBC.

I can't change the channel fast enough when I see the McDonalds ad with that Justin Beiber wannabee mis-singing the lyrics to his own song. The only thing worse would be if Beiber did the commercial himself....

Oh, and the Barnes and Noble spots with Kenneth from 30 Rock.

It must be...Jones used to be the "voice" of Verizon.

Well wait for Thanksgiving week now known as black week. You will see crazy commercials of X% off at the malls this is not the end of Annoying commercials.

The truth about Flo

Have you noticed that on recent spots, Flo says, (paraphrasing), "you can't get rid of me, I'm on all the channels".

So the truth is the adverstiser knows the negatives, and chooses to let them continue to work positively.

I don't know where all this hate for Flo comes from. Honestly!

I don't either. In the land of genuinely offensive commercials Progressive comes off and almost humorous most of the time. The "Flobot" one should have won an award. And the ones featuring the two "suit" guys are also very good. Perhaps they are offensive because they air too often.

The Food Lion commercials with that smooth-talking lion: I guess whoever thought that up must've seen Chronicles of Narnia 300 times.

But since the move from Alaska, I've been treated to a whole new crop of infomercials (played mostly on weekend mornings), especially one for Humana. UGGGHHH!!!

Humana has been playing the crap out of their infomercials because of the December 7th deadline for Medicare enrollment. Happened last year as well - played to death!

-crainbebo

The Flo thing isn't a hate with me, she's just been on so many times, radio & TV, around here, that I have to change channels or mute her. I've heard the radio version of the "she's on all of 'em" many times, that's a kinda-cute poke-fun-at-themselves moment, but I'm just worn out on her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom