• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

It's Official: KFWhyEye-FM

"I don't know many people outside this board who will spend any amount of money for digital radio. If someone comes up with a "front end" DTV-like converter I might try that"

I was looking for the Big Red, and found an identical Insignia at www.techforless.com "open box" for $23 plus shipping. I use it as a tuner when I want to hear HD radio through my stereo. Very pleased with it.

H.D. is the FM equivalency of AM Stereo...and just as popular, too! Our hunch is when KFWhyEye goes to 95~Five, the Coyote goes to HD-2 and lives on through a web site and streaming audio.

Dr. Akbar said:
Our hunch is when KFWhyEye goes to 95~Five, the Coyote goes to HD-2 and lives on
through a web site and streaming audio.

If and when all this KFYI 95-point-five-fifty stuff goes down, what happens to
"KNIX-FM HD2 Phoenix"? A 24/7 best of Tim & Willy whatever KNIX morning
team is in place this month?

oldiesfan6479 said:
Dr. Akbar said:
Our hunch is when KFWhyEye goes to 95~Five, the Coyote goes to HD-2 and lives on
through a web site and streaming audio.

If and when all this KFYI 95-point-five-fifty stuff goes down, what happens to
"KNIX-FM HD2 Phoenix"?

I'm guessing they put the KYOT signal on KNIX-HD2 replacing KeyEffWhineI-AM.

And once they do that can we please get KOY back on 550?

landtuna said:

Doubtful. Coyote probably goes to KFWhyEye-FM HD2 and either EXTRA 9~Ten or another CC Country format goes on One Oh Two-Five HD-2

Will never happen. 5~Fifty will still be talk, and probably the ideal place for Savage and bunch of paid programs currently heard on the weekend. KayOhWhy gets sold to Sheriff Joe and is rebranded Kay Oh Why. Joe? No doubt he'll program it "his way".

landtuna said:
DavidEduardo said:
landtuna said:
Replacing the Coyote with Rush Radio is as perfect an example of circling the toilet as I can think of.

Why would you say that? AM news talkers have to move to FM and other, additional, distribution channels fairly soon or their revenue will dry up. Why would they not take an FM that is increasingly less relevant and move a format that can be revived by simply puting it on FM onto that FM's frequency?

Speaking purely as a listener who finds The Coyote one of the very few "beautiful" music services available in my market on radio today I find a format switch to talk radio despicable. We already have several talk/sports radio formats here and don't need another - whether on FM or not. From a technical perspective music formats need FM. Talking heads do not. Especially the stooges of Rush Radio.

I'm with you. I'd much rather hear music formats on FM than more news/talk/spin.

Dr. Akbar said:
landtuna said:

Doubtful. Coyote probably goes to KFWhyEye-FM HD2 and either EXTRA 9~Ten or another CC Country format goes on One Oh Two-Five HD-2

Meh. I'm thinking the Mangy Mutt goes to KEZ HD-2 until October, at which time it dies a final death being put aside for pre-Thanksgiving holiday tune-age. (After T-day, holiday flips to the main band while the normal lite-sounds format goes over to the HD side.)

Dr. Akbar said:
landtuna said:

Will never happen. 5~Fifty will still be talk, and probably the ideal place for Savage and bunch of paid programs currently heard on the weekend. KayOhWhy gets sold to Sheriff Joe and is rebranded Kay Oh Why. Joe? No doubt he'll program it "his way".

XTRA Sports moves back down to 550, KOY goes to 910, 1230 becomes Colon Blow Radio (unsold time being padded out by CC syndie talkers not otherwise sold into the market).

Honestly, this entire thread is silly since CC has announced nothing. The same people have been rumoring this forward ages and it has yet to happen.

Radioresearcher said:
Honestly, this entire thread is silly since CC has announced nothing. The same people have been rumoring this forward ages and it has yet to happen.

I won't believe it until I see it. Because that's all it is, a rumor. KYOT isn't going anywhere. :mad:

ykw said:
XTRA Sports moves back down to 550, KOY goes to 910, 1230 becomes Colon Blow Radio (unsold time being padded out by CC syndie talkers not otherwise sold into the market).

We ran the scenario through the Akbarizer 3000 computer and yes, it does have a shot. One element doesn't make a lot of sense, and that is moving XTRA Sports to 5~Fifty. The reason XTRA hasn't worked is not because of the 9~Ten frequency, but because Sports Parking Lot 6~Twenty has a lock on all things sports in the Valley. Moving to 5~Fifty won't make much of a difference. Kay Oh Why on 9~Ten...okay, but such a move doesn't move those demos down. And 12~Thirty blowing Colon makes sense...but it also makes sense for Ancient Music on Ancient Modulation.

1. barely young has suffered from an inflated ego and dementia for years. take anything he says with a grain of salt.
2. who will show all the conservabot dead enders how to retune their radios so they can continue to receive their talking points?

Bill Drake said:
1. barely young has suffered from an inflated ego and dementia for years. take anything he says with a grain of salt.
2. who will show all the conservabot dead enders how to retune their radios so they can continue to receive their talking points?

Yeah, because liberal radio isn't fake either? ::)

BOTH sides of talk radio are sideshows, both sides are talking points. One side gets ratings, one side doesn't.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom