• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best AAA station

Check out OasisRadio.US... Listen on the website, on iTunes internet radio under Aleternative, with our iPhone or Android apps, or with TuneIn! Would love to hear your input!

Have any of you heard (or even heard of) WVMP in Roanoke? It's billed as "101.5 the music place" and it's pretty far off the beaten path - both musically and geographically I suppose.

KFOG is off the list for best AAA station due to Cumulus plans to flip the station on September 6th as a sports talk station (KNBR Simulcast).

San Francisco would have to look for a list in other parts of the USA where AAA has a following as of 2019 though.

San Francisco would have to look for a list in other parts of the USA where AAA has a following as of 2019 though.

To be honest, KFOG hasn't been AAA in a few years. They really have been sort of classic alt most recently. They brand themselves as "The Bay Area's Alternative Rock."

I have been trying to listen to more and more AAA stations:
Still really enjoy OWow Radio at owow.radio, they play some good deep tracks with newer music and constantly change their playlist so you can hear different stuff as the year goes along.
I have become a huge fan of WXPN Philadelphia. I started listening when they did the 50th anniversary Woodstock stuff and have continued listening since. I even added their mobile app to my smartphone. I love their presentation plus their music mix throughout the day. Especially enjoy Funky Friday every Friday afternoon. The only thing I hate is that after 8 pm they do a lot of specialty shows and don't play the same stuff as the morning and afternoon shifts.

Stations I like but don't really get that into:
WFPK Louisville: not a bad station but they do more alternative than anything and not really any older music. Not my cup of tea.
WEHM Long Island: It's actually a great station and I like the music they play but I have trouble getting their online stream to work or it cuts out after a few songs. I tried listening to it on TuneIn but then the song list doesn't update.
WXRT: I really like this station also but just hate that it has commercials, I know it's a terrestrial station and owned by Entercom, but just hate hearing commercials after hearing non commercial AAA stations. Probably being too picky here I will admit.

If there are any other good ones to try I would love to hear any suggestions from others!

KRSH - Wikipedia

Does KRSH Santa Rosa, CA count in your AAA rankings?

And there is the Highway1 Radio feed that is reportedly AAA.

Here is one called Adult Alternative on Tunein and it's nationwide on this one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom