• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Zara Radio

Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I've just downloaded Zara, and have figured out how to use it the way I need to, but would also like to explore what else I can do with it. Can anyone help me answer some questions? Please remember that I use a screen reader, so only keyboard commands please.
1. According to the Zara manual, it can accept rotation files, but would I need to download something like Station Playlist's Creator in order to generate one? The same question applies to sequence files.
2. How do I access the delete on play button in playlists?
3. According to the manual, the playlist can operate in five different ways (normal, repeat, shuffle, manual, and random. Problem is, I can only seem to figure out how to access two of these modes. It seems that the default is repeat, and I've found shuffle in one of the menus, but can't seem to change to the other modes. I'd like all playlists to play in normal mode, though I've been able to work around this by putting a stop command at the end of the playlist, but I'd rather not have to remember to do this with every playlist.
4. How do I schedule events? I can't seem to access anything related to events. The only thing I can access is the list of upcoming events, but I can't schedule anything.
5. How do I access jingles? I can't seem to get to that toolbar either. The only option I have in the jingles menu is to empty all.
6. I was able to voicetrack as described in the manual, but it got me thinking. How would I tell Zara to only use a specific track once? I'm thinking of a situation like you'd hear at CHR, where a song could be played as little as 80 minutes apart, either with a voicetrack or not, and it won't be the same one regardless.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom