• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Your Top 3

1) Storm Country KQCX.com Since I program it, I listen to it in the car for long commute into the paying job 5 days a week.
2) KWSS - Through my phone in the car sometimes as well since I live in the East Valley..
3) KVIT - Pretty good little station as well. Usually when my phone battery is to low and I forgot my mobile charger LOL...

Like listening to underdog stations. Big stations just irritate me mostly. To predictable. I will say I have checked out My 103.9 and actually like a lot of what I have heard in my little bit of listening, but Pratt is on that station, and I just can't stomach his ego and the promos for him on the station. But in the spirit of keeping this positive I will digress LOL :)

DJ_Perry said:
I just love predictions...remember this one from 2007?

halloaaryn said:
1. KMVA MOViN 97.5 - Im 24 and BELIEVE ME fogies, this format is gonna be HUGE. Most of you are baby boomers with the typical old person "MUSIC IS TOO LOUD and IT WONT WORK" attitudes. Tough shit. Your past your prime and its all about the cyber generation. This is OUR music and we love it! Best station since KZZP was 'ZZP. Its about time.

I bet homeboy isn't too excited about the new Mild format
That was a pretty great Prediction. As soon as I saw that I had to look up at the date posted.
Are there actually any MOViN's left?

Daily? Including Sat & Sun?

1.) KWSS-LP - best "college radio" station we never got - wake up with Beef Vegan and Shorty
2.) KJZZ - for NPR and the news coverage, not for the, um, music (blues notwithstanding)
3.) KTAR - even though it's not a "real" talk radio station anymore (except for Jaybird on weekends)

Since this topic has been baptized, I may as well contribute to it.

Based on my most listened to stations the last two weeks, here are my most listened to  in order:

1. KWSS-LP 59%
2. KZON 30%
3. KZZP 11%

Jumping in a time machine to when this thread was originally created would result in this Fave 3:

1. Energy 92.7/101.1
2. Edge 103.9
3. Power 92.3

;D

LibertyNT said:
That was a pretty great Prediction. As soon as I saw that I had to look up at the date posted.
Are there actually any MOViN's left?

Yes a VERY good prediction! That was the whole point of me resurrecting this...however, it seems others missed that and are posting as if it is current, LOL.

I still can't get over how this silly station was taken seriously, and then proved this post to have ZERO truth!

halloaaryn said:
1. KMVA MOViN 97.5 - Im 24 and BELIEVE ME fogies, this format is gonna be HUGE.

5 years later...

KeithE4 said:
1. KTAR 620 - Between 11 AM and 9 PM they can't be beat. AM drive is OK as long as Wolfley sticks to football.

KTAR Arizona Sports 620 is a shadow of its former self. Burns & Gambo are OK, but Burns is better solo, while Gambo was better with Ash. Doug & Wolf are much worse than they were then. I still expect this to become ESPN Radio 620 before the end of the year.

2. XTRA 910 - Bickley & MJ are better than Doug & Wolf. I like Jacobs & Marotta together (10 times better than Jacobs by himself - he needs adult supervision. ;D ) and listen when Gambo & Ash talk about something I'm not interested in.

Jurecki is still good, Bickley is still unlistenable, but they're still better than Doug & Wolf or Rock & Manuch. Other than the Coyotes and Westwood One Dial Global network games, there is nothing else on this station that is worth listening to.

The new #2 is KDUS, but only for Bob Kemp. One-on-One Sports Sporting News Radio Yahoo Sports Radio is passable, but barely. Hopefully they'll find a new morning show that lasts more than 3 months.

3. KCDX 103.1 - Great classic rock, some of which hasn't been played on the radio in over 30 years (obscure album tracks never heard on KSLX), no commercials or jocks. Basically a PC with Winamp connected to a high-powered FM transmitter, but it works so long as the owner has the money to sink into it.

No changes here, but what in the world happened to the signal in recent weeks? They're all but gone in the city, and even in east Mesa, I have problems hearing them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom