• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Your new music picks..

B

BlueMartyr

Let's see if this gets some life in this board.

What are your new music picks for the moment? Here's mine...

Cherry Monroe- Satellites- OK. So I don't know if this song ever officially went for Hot AC adds, but we gave it a try on my station... and the phones lit up. It's got a hook a mile wide. Huge. Love it.

Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc.- yeah it's been at Mod Rock for a while, but this song could do damage on the Hot AC chart.

Howie Day- She Says- The second go around for this song is looking better than the first. if you want to throw some flavor into the mix... alternate it with the acoustic version of this song from his debut "Australia."

Better Than Ezra- Our Last Night- Not my pick for next single off their new album, but a solid slower song that has Hot AC smash written all over it.

That's what I got off the top of my head. Your two cents? (3 1/2 cents in Canada.)<P ID="signature">______________
"Growing old, and living for the moment."
~Rufio</P>

> Let's see if this gets some life in this board.
>

Well...

*Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day is pretty slamming!

*Natasha Beddingfield'a These Words seems to be doing pretty well. It's catchy. And, is it just me, or does she have a deeper voice than her brother?

*Gorillaz' Feel Good Inc is far from being a favorite of mine. Seems way too Alt Rockish.

>

My ten favorite currents of the moment (in no particular order):

Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day
Sheryl Crow - Good Is Good
Train - Get To Me
Hootie & the Blowfish - One Love
Weezer - Beverly Hills
3 Doors Down - Here By Me
Green Day - Wake Me Up...
Santana/Michelle Branch - I'm Feeling You
Gavin DeGraw - Follow Through
Nickelback - Photograph

Other songs that are doing well for us:

Gwen Stefani - Cool
Josh Kelley - Only You
Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
Keith Urban - You'll Think Of Me

And some I wish would go away:

Def Leppard - No Matter What
Vertical Horizon - Forever
D.H.T. - Listen To Your Heart
And I wish Mariah would just go away...forever!

>
> What are your new music picks for the moment? Here's
> mine...
>
>
> Cherry Monroe- Satellites- it did, great hook, but universal pulled out it's support after ALT and POP failed to pick it up.
>
> Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc.- The no rap edit makes the song so much better.. but HAC barely picked up Over and Over.. that hit #1 on pop.. feel good inc is stalling after getting into the top 20 at pop.
>
> Howie Day- She Says- It sounds the same, acoustic or not, it's still great. Acoustic during the day, real version at night.

> Better Than Ezra- Our Last Night- Hac/AC BLOW UP. This is such a great song, the album really has a positive message to it, stupid artemis label blows at promoting BTE though. Lifetime died after hitting 13 at hac.. coulda done so much better.
>
>
> That's what I got off the top of my head. Your two cents?
> (3 1/2 cents in Canada.)
>
<P ID="signature">______________
^_^
Sing me something soft
Sad and delicate</P>

> > Let's see if this gets some life in this board.
> >
>
> My ten favorite currents of the moment (in no particular
> order):
>
> Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day (its allright)
> Sheryl Crow - Good Is Good (SUCKS)
> Train - Get To Me (Good intro/begining, goes to pot after that)
> Hootie & the Blowfish - One Love (see Have a Nice Day)
> Weezer - Beverly Hills (Good)
> 3 Doors Down - Here By Me
> Green Day - Wake Me Up...(It has its moments)
> Santana/Michelle Branch - I'm Feeling You
> Gavin DeGraw - Follow Through
> Nickelback - Photograph(Heard it for the first time last week, excellent tune)
>
> Other songs that are doing well for us:
>
> Gwen Stefani - Cool (Very good, very retroish)
> Josh Kelley - Only You
> Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
> Keith Urban - You'll Think Of Me (Needs to find its country station owner)
>
> And some I wish would go away:
>
> Def Leppard - No Matter What (ditto)
> Vertical Horizon - Forever(What? Go away? I didn't care for it at first, but now I really like it, it can stay.)
> D.H.T. - Listen To Your Heart(see Forever)
> And I wish Mariah would just go away...forever!(She needs to figure out what direction she wants to go, pure AC pop as she was in the early 90s, or more rythmetic as her latter outings have been)
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom