• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

you know you've lived in Phoenix too long when...

...at the trailing off of “Little Red Riding Hood” Sam the Sham says Baah… This cues Lucky Lawrence to say Baah. (His normal sign-off) “No, not yet” was his quick retort. This is a small, distinct memory of The Lucky Lawrence Mess, on KRUX 1360.

…”so to speak, to coin a phrase, to put it in the vernacular” was a normal addition to Joe Light’s banter on KRIZ, color channel 1-2-3.

…I’m Kit Carson signing off for tonight…”blue skies, green lights and swing sweetly, swingers.” KRUX 1360

...you've ever wanted to stretch out (stretch out)... on a Sun Valley Wa-ter Bed...

Carolyn Wood, the female talent (and owner) in the Sun Valley Waterbeds TV spots, had been the keyboardist in the group Brooklyn Bridge in the late '60s ("Worst That Could Happen"--Billboard #3, early 1969).

...you've ever wanted to stretch out (stretch out)... on a Sun Valley Wa-ter Bed...
...you hear Santana's "All I Ever Wanted" and you're not sure if it's a Super Shops commercial...
...you thought they were singing "Commander Dave" at the end of the 21st Century Sound jingle...

I still wonder, “if the guy wasn’t singing Commander Dave, what was he singing?”

I still remember the Low Cost Auto Insurance and Miller Institute jingles and phone numbers, 35 years later. Then there was The Bear Cover and Trails (they called themselves a “department store,” but let’s call them what they were, a head shop).

I still wonder, “if the guy wasn’t singing Commander Dave, what was he singing?”

"Come in today!"

Then there was The Bear Cover and Trails (they called themselves a “department store,” but let’s call them what they were, a head shop).

I'm old enough to remember Trails being named "Happy Trails." The Bare Cover was a swimsuit shop, right?

...don't forget JJ - the KING of beepers and How-eee World Furniture. Then there's the incomprable Acquanetta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom