• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

XM Sports Nation?

hootmon

Inactive
Inactive User
Is anyone listening to this trash? What a waste of a channel. :mad:

hootmon said:
Is anyone listening to this trash? What a waste of a channel. :mad:

It's awful. Sporting News Radio is the best thing on it, and that's a third-rate operation with C-List talent, at best. The sports celebrities that XM is writing checks to are uniformly horrible on air. I guess XM felt it had to give them a channel of their own to justify its investment, or maybe to stroke their egos so they don't jump to Sirius and start bad-mouthing XM when their contracts are up.

I wonder what the two NASCAR drivers XM has on its payroll -- Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. -- are going to do when NASCAR goes to Sirius and they're stuck at XM. Will XM prohibit them from talking about how exciting the previous week's race was? After all, that might just encourage listeners to dump XM for Sirius and hear those races live.

XM needs to find someway to bring back the Sporting News Radio fulltime (maybe on another channel number) while keeping XM Sports Nation. You can tell that the quality of XMSN's programming is not up to par. And their specialty programs are on at different times, when I'd rather hear the SNR personality at that time. Maybe they could do this when the ClearChannel deal expires (whenever that is).

CTListener said:
Sporting News Radio is the best thing on it, and that's a third-rate operation with C-List talent, at best.

It's the best 24/7 sports talk option on XM in my opinion. Don't tell me you think Fox Sports Radio is better.

JoeMorris said:
XM needs to find someway to bring back the Sporting News Radio fulltime (maybe on another channel number) while keeping XM Sports Nation. You can tell that the quality of XMSN's programming is not up to par. And their specialty programs are on at different times, when I'd rather hear the SNR personality at that time. Maybe they could do this when the ClearChannel deal expires (whenever that is).

On January 1, 2007, they're dumping NASCAR Radio and merging its shows into XM Sports Nation, which is moving to channel 144. No one has said anything about Sporting News Radio.

Update. Kevin Straley has said that SNR won't be coming back full time on 143. In fact, Claire B. Lang's show from 144 will be knocking out Tim Brando's show.

JoeMorris said:

As cool as that would be, things look grim for SNR, and the fact that Sirius hasn't picked it up either shows there's not much faith and they prefer ESPN Radio. It's kind of sad. I guess SNR doesn't have the shine and needless production to gain listeners.

because they are going to us the bandwith for existing stations. to make the sq better.

Ya, I'm still pretty mad that XM took SNR most of the day that is, except for Tony Bruno. I have written them letters and called over the last couple of weeks and I have yet to hear one response. It pisses me off considering that I listened to SNR every day and is any body listening to Dialed in with Claire B. Lange, I'm sure the Roto-wire show is huge to about 13 people, on a good day. The whole station is now crap! I can't take one more minute of 60/20 sports. Even if you listen for 10 mins you would be able to tell that Carville and Russett don't know what the hell they are talking about, its just total crap!

XM, make a channel out of your XM produced programing and add SNR back on 143 and leave it to the professionals for once.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom