• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

X107.5 makes an abrupt about-face - flips to music intensive format that respects the station's roots!

I love this move!!!

New direction reminds me a lot of KPNT in St. Louis.

Dave & Mahoney remain in place in mornings.

Last edited:
Station shot up a full point in the beauty contest ratings in August and went up a smidgen in September as well. Looks like the shift in direction is working for now.

Dave and Chuck (tape delayed morning show from Detroit) were removed from late afternoons quite some time ago. That daypart is music intensive now. I have no idea if their show still airs on the station or not.

Music choices are spot on. I wish KROQ's playlist looked more like KXTE's.

Great post; thanks for those log links.

Looks like all the talk shows have been thrown to the curb! Even the morning show is playing eight songs an hour now.

Dave and Chuck (tape delayed morning show from Detroit) were removed from late afternoons quite some time ago. That daypart is music intensive now. I have no idea if their show still airs on the station or not.

Music choices are spot on. I wish KROQ's playlist looked more like KXTE's.
This is where you baffle me every time. You celebrate stations with “spot on” playlists that are playing Rancid and POD regularly on Alt radio in 2023.

I will repeat for the hundredth time - individual playlists mean very little when everything else around it is poorly executed. What you consider a good playlist is someone else’s trash.

Have you seen KXTE's ratings lately? I'd say the music and overall execution are holding up quite well.

Absolutely nothing wrong spiking in Rancid on occasion. Occasional spins from artists like that give the station flavor. Nothing wrong with P.O.D., either.

Back
Top Bottom