• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WYRB Power 106

Word!

Inactive
Inactive User
I liked Soul 106.3 better, over V103. Anyways, Power 106 is too crossover for me, ALOT of pop in rotation just not my flavor, I prefer Power 92, and dont even prefer

that no more.

The issues I have about the station is no one is baby-sitting it, the other week there was a computer glitch for hours over a weekend where only spots and

sweepers were being played. 4sweepers in a row then spots. 4more sweepers then spots. Talk about "commercial" radio. Few months before that one whole

week the station sounded like a 96kbs mp3 until the processing was fixed. But that's not the big issue though.

So far this is a half-a-s-s-ed station.
*No website.
*No webcast.
*No request line. Listener interaction is the biggest thing I love about being in the radio studio. People want to hear themselves on the radio. AT-Listenter

interaction is good radio.

BUT all they do is have text-ins and facebook & twitter shouts by the AT. Each shift the AT is talking to themselves. What's the point of having a live AT without call

ins?

The question is are they actually broadcasting from Rockford or are they T-3'ing from Hammond? If they are in Hammond then they can have a studio request line

"forwarded" to Hammond. If they are in Rockford, then what's the issue? Get a PHONE!

They keep promoting "facebook (dot) com (slash) power 1063" and when you type it in as they say it, it does not exist. Its actually hard to find the WYRB facebook

page. It's easier to find Esko's facebook!

Line up:

Esko... 2-6 WPWX part timer. He's good, always been good. Would be better with listener interaction. Hes a mini Donnie Devoe.

Jay Gridges..... New to the air, sounds great for an urban, if I was him I would just ignore announcing or commenting on the pop tracks, since that's not my flavor.

He would be better on nights cuz he's got the swag, he's got the vibe..

And then there is Oz.

And then there is Oz.

WHY THE HELL is he on nights!!!!!! 6-10

Disclaimer: I do not know Oz. I only hear what I hear. And he is NOT on-air material. I've given some tips before about his overnight show on WPWX. And then I

saw some changes shortly after that. But it was short-lived.

He needs coaching. Each break saying the same thing. Over-emphasizes almost every sentence or word, near close to sounding like he's yelling or stressing his

voice to "announce" when he could just be "talking normal." I mentioned that before on WPWX, and then I saw a change for about a week where he was actually

"talking" and sounded 1000 times better, but went back to the old ways soon after that.

Even when taking calls on WPWX, he doesn't seem like he is connecting with a caller, he is still "announcing" (stressing voice) "thanks for checkin-in on the late-night check-in with Oz and Oz radio on Power 92" instead of just "talking a conversation" with the caller.

There is absolutely no show prep. Has anyone ever told him about SHOW PREP? He has no substance to his "show" and how long has he been doing overnights

for WPWX and now he is doing NIGHTS on 106!??? He is a liner jock!! No creativity!

"The official show for the 815 and 779 Oz radio on the new power 106 todays hits and hip hop follow us on the Power 106 facebook fanpage, click the Like link and

also on twitter @Power1063 and follow me on my facebook and twitter. next is this song following by this song and now this song. *yawn*

"Its the official overnight show for the people, Oz radio on Power 92 Chicagos first choice for Todays Hottest Music, listen live worldwide at Power 92 Chicago dot

com AND follow us on Facebook and Twitter .... etc etc

On and on and on its 30-45 seconds or longer of an intro each break, the SAME INTRO nearly each break, wait the whole break is usually only station promo's!

Gets old quick.

The OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ=OZ sounder he plays is absolutely annoying and needs to go.

Now, he calls his "show" Oz-Radio but what is the point of creating a name of a "show" if there is no substance to it? What happend to instead of having a "show"

its just "A.T. NAME" on the air. I can see if maybe he possibly incorporated some things from "Oz" into his show, possibly more Oz sounders from The Wizard of Oz

or the HBO show of Oz. But he does not. Yes I know its his real name, which is the basis of "Oz Radio" but most don't know that.

They could have found 1000 people better than him for Nights. This time slot will lack greatly. Period.

again:
recycled air talent
no phones
no website
no webcast
programming and technical glitches
night show lacking

10pm mix slot bangs, i like it still depends who does it, ive heard some horrible transitions
power 106 mix at 5 is good but havent heard much of them, im usually on michael baisden afternoons but thats another story.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom