• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WYGC Sold to EMF

Back to when two stations in Lake City were part of the group I managed, that High Sprigs station has never been able to succeed. It is not good enough to cover Gainesville well, and totally misses all the population to the south around Ocala.

But EMF is people based, not market based. So the can get another A to the south and maybe one to the east and one of the unprofitable Docket 80-90 stations from Lake City and cover the area well.

Back to when two stations in Lake City were part of the group I managed, that High Sprigs station has never been able to succeed. It is not good enough to cover Gainesville well, and totally misses all the population to the south around Ocala.

But EMF is people based, not market based. So the can get another A to the south and maybe one to the east and one of the unprofitable Docket 80-90 stations from Lake City and cover the area well.
WYGC does have a CP to upgrade to a Class C3 from a site to the NE of the current transmitter. Will help a bit in Gainesville and Lake City, but not a dramatic difference.

WYGC does have a CP to upgrade to a Class C3 from a site to the NE of the current transmitter. Will help a bit in Gainesville and Lake City, but not a dramatic difference.
Lake City is a tough one as there is a hilly area between the station and Lake City itself. Maybe with increased power they can get into Lake City. The map for the CP looks favorable, but what I can find is not adjusted for terrain.

And with this, the wheel of stations will finally stop spinning for the 104.9 freq in Gainesville.

Byron

Back
Top Bottom