• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WXTU-HD2 to become Nutune Country

Beasley Media Launches NuTune Country On Seven HD2s - RadioInsight

Looks like we'll have one less animal-themed station in the area as "The Bull" will become "Nutune Country."

I've always found it interesting how many country, rock and classic rock stations are named after animals: The Fox, The Rat, The Bull, Cat Country, The Wolf, etc.

I think (then) Entercom named the HD2 "The Bull" to try to keep iHeart from possibly using it in market. (Didn't work with the Alt name though... remember 96.5 HD2?)

Sounds basically the same, just with some tracked in jocks know instead of straight jukebox. Always good for a tune in during commercials on the main XTU channel

I think (then) Entercom named the HD2 "The Bull" to try to keep iHeart from possibly using it in market. (Didn't work with the Alt name though... remember 96.5 HD2?)

Sounds basically the same, just with some tracked in jocks know instead of straight jukebox. Always good for a tune in during commercials on the main XTU channel
The description indicates to me that it will be a "music discovery" format, not limited to Nashville (or even American) major-label product or big-name mainstream country artists. It could be a place to hear new Nashville talent along with Jason Isbell, Flatland Cavalry, Billy Strings, Mike and the Moonpies and other Alt Country/Red Dirt Country/Bluegrass/Roots acts that have been generating buzz on the concert circuit and in streaming media without much FM airplay. I'll definitely be seeking out the stream when it launches, or listening on HD if I happen to get down to Boston at some point.

For those looking to listen online ahead of the wide rollout,
WKML HD2 95.7 Lumberton NC (Fayetteville NC area) is streaming the NUTUNE COUNTRY format.

Listen Live player link: WKML HD2

Via the WKML.com web site: click on the drop-down arrow on the "Listen Live" link, then select "95.7 HD2":
WKML 95.7 - Today's Country

Direct streaming URLs to copy/paste in to media players:

112 kbps 44.1 kHz AAC: >http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WKMLHD2AAC.aac<

96 kbps 44.1 kHz MP3: >http://playerservices.streamtheworld.com/api/livestream-redirect/WKMLHD2.mp3<

This is exactly what I imagined it would be: a blend of current mainstream singles and album tracks from big names and Nashville newcomers as well as songs by performers from outside the hit-making machine. I like it, but it's not mass-appeal and it's not going to change the country radio status quo from the netherworld of HD Radio.

Back
Top Bottom