• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WXKR 94.5 Format change?

Howard Dean

Inactive
Inactive User
Any truth to this? I've been hearing FM talk. Kinda shocking since Cumulus's FM talkers in Cinci and Indy bombed.

The classic rock format though, sounds pretty stale IMO.

FM talk? I can't believe the market could support it. Theres just not enough interest, and communities in the Toledo market are very fragmented (Lucas County issues, Wood county issues, farm issues, etc....)

'XKR has never made any kind of splash in the market, so they've never stood out. Of course, local radio in Toledo doesn't have much to brag about at all. Thank goodness for my Sirius!

That would annoy lots of the old rock heads in the Port Clinton, Fremont & Sandusky area who can pick 945 up crystal clear & don't mind hearing the same thing over & over like "100.9 the Coast", that went all beamed in mess when the BAS salesbots took over. WXKR I believe has live programming & except for when they began, they've pretty much stayed a faithful strong mainstream AOR (or "Classic Rock Hits") where in the early '90's WIOT veered off a little into some Active & Alternative, still keeping the AOR though, to kinda flip the bird at CIMX, WLLZ & the RIF.
If 94.5 went FM Talk that would make WMJK the closest thing to a watered down AOR station in the area, but since their tower's in Bellevue, if they boosted the signal & tweeked it they may be able to bump their way into Lucas County, that is, if Toledo rock & rollers like listening to play by play girl's volleyball or poorly produced-static filled high school sports broadcasts every Friday & Saturday night. Remember, WIOT and WMJK are no longer CC cousins any longer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom