• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

www.1650oldiesradio.com try it you'll like it!

Agree...

A worthy effort indeed.

Great job of recapturing the feel and processing of 60s radio. I realize that its all part of the effect, but the low bandwidth and high reverb are just a tad too much for my ears. (I remember the reverb as being just a little bit less and the fidelity being just a little bit more). Still, I like it....especially those vintage spots...but the audio quality keeps my TSL lower than it would be otherwise.

1650 Oldies Radio...still at the top of my RealPlayer drop-down.

... And at the very top of my WinAmp Bookmarks also! I suspect the limited bandwidth has more to do with the low-bitrate mp3 stream Steve is forced to use by his internet provider [realize that he’s NOT operating this as a cash machine].. He has described his setup here before, and it’s a fine effort. I’ll guess the off-air audio thru a good AM radio betters the stream quality by a fair degree. Tech stuff aside, the playlist is delightful and the stations often-self-deprecating attitude is amusing.

No problems with my TSL... Keep on truckin’ Steve 8)

The sound and feel of Classic Top 40 AM radio online...minus skywave propagation!

I listen to 1650 online using the I-Tunes player...sound quality leaves a little more to be desired though....souns fair but needs more WDJO-like audio quality. Love the JAM and PAMS jingles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom