• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WWAX-LD 27 Hartford

Did a scan on my TV Friday night and 5 new channels showed up. WWAX-LD 27. I found out it's owned by Grey TV like WFSB. Where did it come from?

27.1 Some programming from WFSB.
27.2 Charge! - Shows episodes of the CSI franchises, action movies, and a whole bunch of infomercials. Owned by Sinclair.
27.3 Eyewitness News Now - WFSB - News, Weather, and Sports headlines. 24/7. Was on WFSB 3.3 until the launch of LAFF.
27.4 Fido TV - Programming about dogs 24/7
27.5 CornerStone TV - Infomercials 24/7

The main WWAX-LD signal on 27.1 is also on WFSB 3.4 which used to be WFSB Fairfield County. I also say it shows some programming from WFSB because I saw The Steven Colbert Show on it Friday Night and CBS Saturday Morning during Saturday Morning, but today Tuesday while the main WFSB Signal on 3.1 was airing CBS News Coverage of the Indictment, WWAX 27.1 and 3.4 was airing motor bike racing called The Twins Cup. I don't know what network that motor bike race was originating from because there was no logo on any kind on WWAX.

The station has actually been on the air since the 1st of the year (they filed a license to cover at the end of 2022) but I guess it might have been a soft launch as they (WFSB) mention it recently to rescan

Looks like it may be an Independent station according to their schedule

The main WWAX-LD signal on 27.1 is also on WFSB 3.4 which used to be WFSB Fairfield County. I also say it shows some programming from WFSB because I saw The Steven Colbert Show on it Friday Night and CBS Saturday Morning during Saturday Morning, but today Tuesday while the main WFSB Signal on 3.1 was airing CBS News Coverage of the Indictment, WWAX 27.1 and 3.4 was airing motor bike racing called The Twins Cup. I don't know what network that motor bike race was originating from because there was no logo on any kind on WWAX.

MotoAmerica, based in Irvine, Calif.

It reminds me of KPHE with simulcasts of local news from its sister stations (KTVK/KPHO) plus sports programs. Same with KVVU's second digital subchannel.

Back
Top Bottom