• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WSNG FM Translator

The new WSNG 104.5 Mhz FM translator is now on the air. The 3 bay antenna is located on one of the AM towers in Harwinton.

Is WSNG still part of "The Talk of Connecticut" they lost 1240 in Waterbury a few years back, now they took 1470 Meriden off, which makes me unhappy because they're the closest Talk/CT closest to New Haven and it came in well with 2,500 watts from the back of the Meriden Mall, 1360 isn't listenable until Wallingford or higher up.

Is WSNG still part of "The Talk of Connecticut" they lost 1240 in Waterbury a few years back, now they took 1470 Meriden off, which makes me unhappy because they're the closest Talk/CT closest to New Haven and it came in well with 2,500 watts from the back of the Meriden Mall, 1360 isn't listenable until Wallingford or higher up.
Yes, WSNG carries The Talk of CT.

They changed the call letters from WMMW to WBOM (appropriate, the new format is a bomb)

no its not. While not super great ratings, its getting a 1.0 in the ratings .. which is exactly the same as WDRC.

Almost all of their listeners are probably listneing to the urban format on 102.5...

Adn that 102.5 urban format has wider appeal and easier sellability then talk radio to smaller businesses/.

I know of a 2 FM/1 AM cluster in the Northeast US that had a talk AM.. but it didnt bill for crap because it was in a smaller town and small businesses didnt want to be asspociated with a particular political view point, despite those listeners being their potential customers.. they didnt want to alienate those who didnt like those politics.

If it werent for the FMs, the AM wouldve gone dark as it didnt pay its own bills.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom