• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRIF

I was up in Detroit not too long ago(well, okay, it was a year), and tuned in WRIF for the first time and I even made it to a remote of their's at Wild Woody's.The playlist from what I remember was rather good. I heard some cuts from Metallica off of Ride The Lightning and ...And Justice For All as well as some great tracks from Megadeth. It was a classic metalhead song whenever I tuned it in while I was up there.Have any of you had longer exposure to that station than my seven days?If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

WRIF.... I like that ! (RIFF)......I checked out their playlist on YES.COM this evening, and it looks like they --do-- play some really cool tracks, but these are interspersed among very typical "Classic Rock" Commercial stuff, that I could really do without....That's what TOP 40 is for....Rock FM is/was supposed to be different from Top 40 "Rock" (Can you say "Love In An Elevator" or "Stroke".....)WRIF is still not a station that I would enjoy listening to, because of all the Commercial Junk they play....Looks like target demographic is Harder-Edged 13 Year Olds....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom