• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRDU AND WPTI

...both go DOWN in first full month without ZTK to contend with

PTI goes from a 2.8 to a 2.3 and falls to under 100K cume (from 144K)
RDU goes from 4.2 to a 3.7 and loses 40,000 in cume (month-to-month)

GO FIGURE!

Yep another pair of Talkers who seem to get NO promotion. How does CC think they can make money if the population doesn't know they are there? There's the GO FIGURE part.

I've always wondered: The Triangle is more liberal (Amendment One vote proved that), BUT the Rush Radio station there does BETTER than the one in the more conservative Triad. Also, the RR station in Triad has a program director, but she doesn't seem to PROGRAM anything (morning show comes from Raleigh and everything else comes from the bird)

There is a difference (perceived or not) between the two Rush Radios. Greensboro sounds sub-100 market and Raleigh's sounds polished and top notch. Every aspect, from the liners down to the processing. I notice this every time I drive far enough through the state that I end up listening to both in the same day.

w00t said:
There is a difference (perceived or not) between the two Rush Radios. Greensboro sounds sub-100 market and Raleigh's sounds polished and top notch. Every aspect, from the liners down to the processing. I notice this every time I drive far enough through the state that I end up listening to both in the same day.

You think processing and liners are worth a whole share? THEY HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROGRAMMING!

WRDU processing is horrible, compressed to the point of being annoying. I don't know about WPTI but the WTIB out of Greenville has much of the same programming and sounds so much better than WRDU.

Eye of the beholder I guess. I faaaaar prefer WRDU to WTIB. The extra compression sounds great for talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom