• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WQLL 1370 Drops Classic Hits for iHeart's BIN

iHeart is leasing WQLL 1370 for their BIN network starting today. I observed a signal bump locally of WQLL in the last week, guess that's why. 102.7 Jack FM is pretty much all classic hits anyways, so not a huge loss. WQLL dropped their local programming a few months ago.

I knew "The Mighty Q" couldn't last forever with that format, but when it was local during the day...it was one of my favorite stations. They programmed it with a great mix of songs that nobody plays anymore. Oh, well. During the peak of Covid they were running a locally programmed playlist at night without on-air staff which had me listening most nights. When it went back to satellite I lost interest. Guess I can't fault them for finding a niche that might bring in a few dollars.

That's too bad! WQLL was a great classic hits station when I would visit the area. Up here in Philly, WTEL 610 is airing BIN and it's not a bad stream of news at all, especially for folks like me who are left of center and would like an alternative to right wing talk radio.

I hope WQLL can find a following with the prominent black population of Baltimore. The signal is certainly a blowtorch so picking it up in inner city baltimore should be no problem.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom