• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WQFS taking the summer off (also posted in college radio)

cc917

Inactive
Inactive User
I also posted this in the college radio forum, but I figured the locals who hang here might also want to know that WQFS will go dark from about late April until August or September due to renovations being done to Founders Hall. We are bummed, but we will get some nice new digs on the other side of this, and hey it's only a few months.

I've been up there a few times, interesting setup and until about 2-3 years ago, there was no computers in the control room, usually if someone couldn't make their shift or nothing scheduled (no matter what time of day) they went off the air.., with the transmitter and studio only seperated by a glass wall...with the mics on you can hear the blowers from the transmitter during silent pauses s/n on college radio in greensboro...WUAG voicetracks...usually prerecorded shows when someone cant make it but usually a live person for the most part... WNAA is voicetracked most of the day and night, even more now that they have moved their studios into a building that dosent have 24 hour access anymore, WNAA has also turned their HD off, heading west on 40 gone by the gallimore dairy rd exit and east around whitsett. either way I enjoy listening to WQFS WUAG & WNAA def great college radio

I understand from Roy Moore (no relation), that they have 2 automation systems - one is used when shifts are not filled. Apparently, students are instructed to switch to the back-up automation if their replacement fails to show.

They almost turned in their license until the university realized what they were about to throw away.

What are th e frenquencies of these? I want to see if I can get them when I'm in the area or town. College radio is still a lot of fun often times and even then it is too. I always like WBLZ in Tampa and in NC there is a great one in the mountains that I wish i could always here. Also the NC state station used to be programmed by a guy with no shoes and they called the show "Chainsaw Rock"! hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha ;D :p :

The station will go off air effective the end of the days programming Wednesday April 18th, :'(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom