• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPRI-TV 12

I have noticed for many years that WPRI never seems to use the CBS eye logo in the station ID. Most stations these days seem to use their network logo long with their channel number, so I wonder why WPRI is an exception?

It's their call. Savannah GA's CBS affiliate WTOC and Huntsville AL's WHNT also don't use the eye logo in their IDs.

Boston 25

Boston 25 does the same thing. Since 25 was sold to Cox from Fox. They do not acknowledge during their newscasts or station ID that they are a Fox affiliate. Only when a Fox program is on is when you know they are Fox. Also in Bristol county, on Comcast, Boston 25 is blocked during Fox programs. You have to watch Fox Providence which is their station ID.

Boston 25 does the same thing. Since 25 was sold to Cox from Fox. They do not acknowledge during their newscasts or station ID that they are a Fox affiliate. Only when a Fox program is on is when you know they are Fox. Also in Bristol county, on Comcast, Boston 25 is blocked during Fox programs. You have to watch Fox Providence which is their station ID.

There is a problem of viewer confusion when FOX is used in TV station ID's, since FOX is the name of the cable news network, which does not produce regular news programming for the TV stations.

Fox5NY

This is not the case with WNYW Fox5 in NY. Fox owns the station in NY which is why it is called Fox5. There is no confusion with Fox News cable channel. The same is true in DC. It is Fox5DC which is also owned by Fox. As for Boston 25, Cox does not want any connection with Fox in its ID. In Providence it is called Fox Providence, Fox does not own that station WNAC Channel 64. It is owned by Nexstar which also owns its sister WPRI Channel 12, the CBS Station which does not have the CBS ID. CW and MYTV Rhode Island are digital subchannels of WNAC/WPRI which are ID as CW Providence and MYRI

I have noticed for many years that WPRI never seems to use the CBS eye logo in the station ID. Most stations these days seem to use their network logo long with their channel number, so I wonder why WPRI is an exception?

Neither does both of Oklahoma's CBS affiliates KWTV - Oklahoma City and KOTV - Tulsa (both are co-owned by Griffin Communications.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom