• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wow Radio

A business owner of a Toyota car dealership in Wallingford that has a passion for radio has launched a classic hits formatted internet radio station playing hits from the 60s up to the 90s.

They are currently only streaming online, but if they are able to get FCC approval, they plan to launch on 102.1 FM in the coming months.

you can listen here WOW Radio Wallingford, CT and they have an app you can download and they are also available on alexa devices

I listened for 6 hours and it sounds like a totally normal radio station and its commercial free too

If launched, it will be Wallingford's very own radio station

That car dealer ship is also where the WATX 1220 studio is

On 102.1?

With a translator on 101.9 for WFIF and then WMRQ HD2 on 102.3...... i didn't think 102.1 would fit.

YEARS ago, i think it was Clear channel who applied for a 102.1 translator in New Haven used one of the WQUN towers.

I think.. as my fuzzy memory recalls.

I didnt know that it was linked to WATX other that they have Pam Landry from WQUN (as well as Brian Smith from WPLR). It is its own station that identifies as Wow Radio and has programming and music that is different from WATX

I didnt know that it was linked to WATX other that they have Pam Landry from WQUN (as well as Brian Smith from WPLR). It is its own station that identifies as Wow Radio and has programming and music that is different from WATX
ive seen posts from WATX's owner on his facebook page that WOW and their dj's are somehow involved in WATX

That car dealer ship is also where the WATX 1220 studio is

On 102.1?

With a translator on 101.9 for WFIF and then WMRQ HD2 on 102.3...... i didn't think 102.1 would fit.

YEARS ago, i think it was Clear channel who applied for a 102.1 translator in New Haven used one of the WQUN towers.

I think.. as my fuzzy memory recalls.
102.5 W273EB Shelton has a CP to relocate to 102.1 from the WEBE/WEZN/WPKN/WSHU/WEDW-TV tower north of Trumbull.

ive seen posts from WATX's owner on his facebook page that WOW and their dj's are somehow involved in WATX
At one point the dealership was going to purchase WATX. From what I heard a few months ago that is no longer the case.

102.5 W273EB Shelton has a CP to relocate to 102.1 from the WEBE/WEZN/WPKN/WSHU/WEDW-TV tower north of Trumbull.

At one point the dealership was going to purchase WATX. From what I heard a few months ago that is no longer the case.

I;m legitimate guestimating two things...

The 102.1 will be fed by an HD sub channel of someone

And the deal won't happen because of what thjey found out it would cost to get 1220 back up to snuff full time, legally, permanently?

Clear Channel had a 102.1 translator in New Haven on west rock. They had to move it to 102.3 because of WAQY in Springfield. Being more north in Wallingford I got to believe is worse.

The rules for interference complaints have changed. When iHeart was using 102.1, it was on the receiving end of Saga, which was known for complaining about interference even in the fringiest of fringe areas.

Under the new 45 dBu rules, WAQY can't protest interference in New Haven.

I live on the shoreline guessing 7 or so miles from New Haven's west rock where 102.1 was located. Back then it was 50-50 on them and WAQY. Now with new translators 101.9 and 102.3 on west rock it's going to be a lot of luck.

I live on the shoreline guessing 7 or so miles from New Haven's west rock where 102.1 was located. Back then it was 50-50 on them and WAQY. Now with new translators 101.9 and 102.3 on west rock it's going to be a lot of luck.
The 102.1 translator will be covering Bridgeport, not New Haven...

Back
Top Bottom