• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wobble?

creativegenius

Inactive
Inactive User
Being new to this board, I just sat back at read the entire board posts that display on my monitor.

It does seem that the flow of conversation is overtly controlled by the only visible "moderator" and his apprentice Mr."Eduardo".

I will gladly email "the owners" to inquire that people with opposing views to Mr. Richards and Mr. "Eduardos" opinions are nothing more than un-informed minions that need to be banished because "they can be turned off by the owners at any time" end quote.

Is this the KM Richards and David Eduardo PERSONAL blog? If so, maybe I should start a real radio board for Los Angeles that does not police the opinion makers with the only goal set forth to discredit the opinion maker and nothing more. Let the opinions stand, time with tell whose opinion is accurate or not, not Mr. Richards or Mr. Eduardos.

All this talk about "Indie this and Indie that" is really over the top.

Here are some hard facts, not opinions.

I doubt ANY owner of the 103.1 signal has EVER had delusions of grandeur about how "big" a format on that signal would be. The signal has been in the market for decades, it's financial and signal position has not changed. It is what it is-period. I am quite quite sure that the executives that run Entravision know what they are doing just like Gleason (aka Eduardo) thinks he knows what he is doing at Univision. Nor do I "think" Entravision could make any "more" money with any "other" format on that signal than Indie. Oh, btw, I went back in time and looked at the formats on the signal dating back to 1970 and in fact the highest revenue earner on the signal to date (excluding Indie) was the Jazz format. The signal also garnered it's highest ratings date.

As I am an executive at a competitor of Mr. Gleason's, I have to literally laugh at the--can I say, over the top remarks that he states, "one point wobbles" are nothing out of the ordinary...What? And the fact the no one here challenges such a misnomer speaks about the control of the flow of dialogue here...Challenge Mr. Eduardo or Mr. Richards and you face banishment from the board. This business that the moderator receives "complaints" about a poster's opinions?? So what? Is this poster attacking or making offensice remarks? Is his passion of Indies staying power "offensive"? Why would a moderator even waste his valuable time on such non-sense.

The bottom line truth is...KROQ has declined in numbers, it is clearly shown in it's 12+ trends. Why? That's anybody's guess as well as Eduardo's. Could it be there is new product in the market? Yes, in fact there is. And a lot more new product than there has been in the market in some time. ALL new product has a take away effect on old timers like KROQ. Duh. I don't need "extraps" to tell me that. Jack is having a profound impact in the market..obviously,as you can see that to date, KLOS net gain 12+ has been minimal to nothing at best.

My market opinions are these...Jack-Fm will be a fluke,like Pirate was. Mr. Richards were you here in the market for Pirate Radio, I was. Mr. Eduardo were you? Look back at what happened and didn't happen at Pirate 100.3. Jack is nearly the same "anti" radio concept tried, flew, and then crash landed in a disaster. With all the skeptic talk about Indie, the fact is, it is around, it is servicing it's listener's with a quality presentation and a quality spot load the station has not seen in over a decade (that alone is a success story!!!) and it has a polished presentation and marketing direction better than station's twice it's size (did somebody say STAR with a Full market signal and 1.9 share - gee that makes Indie a success with 1 share and a limited signal. That's what I think this Sam dude is screaming about, and rightfully so. Let the people speak for god sake. Oh, btw, I work for a competitor of Indies, so I am only praising a small operation on a very small budget putting out a well produced, well executed format that is...professional and not horrid like the formats that it replaced over the years since it's Jazz format.

Will I be banned? I am emailing this directly to the "owners" to ask if this post is approved or not.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by creativegenius on 06/23/05 07:25 PM.</FONT></P>

> Being new to this board, I just sat back at read the entire
> board posts that display on my monitor.
>
> It does seem that the flow of conversation is overtly
> controlled by the only visible "moderator" and his
> apprentice Mr."Eduardo".

Being new to the board, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to criticize. KM and David are both active in the LA market, consulting etc. They know what they're talking about. So if they flow the conversation, maybe you should read it and learn something.

> Will I be banned? I am emailing this directly to the
> "owners" to ask if this post is approved or not.

No, you won't be banned. But the post may be deleted, since criticizing a moderator in a post is a violation of the rules of radio-info, written by the "owners" you've already e-mailed.<P ID="signature">______________
-EricM</P>

> Nor do I "think" Entravision could make any
> "more" money with any "other" format on that signal than
> Indie.

Entravision may not... but a different owner, for example, an Asian group, might. I personally think they would.
>
> As I am an executive at a competitor of Mr. Gleason's, I
> have to literally laugh at the--can I say, over the top
> remarks that he states, "one point wobbles" are nothing out
> of the ordinary...What?

The real month to month changes for the top stations are in the one point rang. All you need is maximizer to see that KROQ ranges from the mid-3's to the mid-4's. KLVE has ranged in real months, not extraps, from over a 5 to under a 4 in the last 6 months. These are simple examples of how stations perform witthin the margin of error of Arbitron enhanced by the fact that one is looking at 1/3 of the sample in a single month. Arbitron states this clearly, and shows how to calculate it in the Purple Book and at the end of ever market printed book.

> And the fact the no one here
> challenges such a misnomer speaks about the control of the
> flow of dialogue here...Challenge Mr. Eduardo or Mr.
> Richards and you face banishment from the board.

You just did and I do not see your post deleted. I see responses, and discussing, including this post.

> The bottom line truth is...KROQ has declined in numbers, it
> is clearly shown in it's 12+ trends. Why? That's anybody's
> guess as well as Eduardo's. Could it be there is new
> product in the market? Yes, in fact there is.

Or, it could be that they simply had two lower range months in a row. We don't know yet, but the fact is that KROQ's monthlies are in the normal range for KROQ. But, like most statins, they usually get a good month, an average one and a bad one to get to the book... this time they had two lows in a row. Trend? Maybe. Wobble, also a possibility. But nothing conclusive yet.
>
> My market opinions are these...Jack-Fm will be a fluke,like
> Pirate was. Mr. Richards were you here in the market for
> Pirate Radio, I was. Mr. Eduardo were you?

I first worked in LA in 1972. I first came into the market to obvserve and aircheck in 1965.

>
>

Why would it not be approved? It has no ad hominems, a valid set of observations and a different point of view. Kuhl.

Creative WHAT???

And maybe you should come to the table with something substantial someday rather than bashing these two good men like some kind of third-grader.

It's realy easy to come on here and boldly predict format successes and failures and all that blather. Please go write it to somebody who cares.

(BTW, you CAN'T be any kind of radio executive with your grammer and punctuation. And if you really were, you wouldn't need to say so.
Nice try, though).
>
> I will gladly email "the owners" to inquire that people with
> opposing views to Mr. Richards and Mr. "Eduardos" opinions
> are nothing more than un-informed minions that need to be
> banished because "they can be turned off by the owners at
> any time" end quote.
>
> Is this the KM Richards and David Eduardo PERSONAL blog? If
> so, maybe I should start a real radio board for Los Angeles
> that does not police the opinion makers with the only goal
> set forth to discredit the opinion maker and nothing more.
> Let the opinions stand, time with tell whose opinion is
> accurate or not, not Mr. Richards or Mr. Eduardos.
>
> All this talk about "Indie this and Indie that" is really
> over the top.
>
> Here are some hard facts, not opinions.
>
> I doubt ANY owner of the 103.1 signal has EVER had delusions
> of grandeur about how "big" a format on that signal would
> be. The signal has been in the market for decades, it's
> financial and signal position has not changed. It is what it
> is-period. I am quite quite sure that the executives that
> run Entravision know what they are doing just like Gleason
> (aka Eduardo) thinks he knows what he is doing at
> Univision. Nor do I "think" Entravision could make any
> "more" money with any "other" format on that signal than
> Indie. Oh, btw, I went back in time and looked at the
> formats on the signal dating back to 1970 and in fact the
> highest revenue earner on the signal to date (excluding
> Indie) was the Jazz format. The signal also garnered it's
> highest ratings date.
>
> As I am an executive at a competitor of Mr. Gleason's, I
> have to literally laugh at the--can I say, over the top
> remarks that he states, "one point wobbles" are nothing out
> of the ordinary...What? And the fact the no one here
> challenges such a misnomer speaks about the control of the
> flow of dialogue here...Challenge Mr. Eduardo or Mr.
> Richards and you face banishment from the board. This
> business that the moderator receives "complaints" about a
> poster's opinions?? So what? Is this poster attacking or
> making offensice remarks? Is his passion of Indies staying
> power "offensive"? Why would a moderator even waste his
> valuable time on such non-sense.
>
> The bottom line truth is...KROQ has declined in numbers, it
> is clearly shown in it's 12+ trends. Why? That's anybody's
> guess as well as Eduardo's. Could it be there is new
> product in the market? Yes, in fact there is. And a lot more
> new product than there has been in the market in some time.
> ALL new product has a take away effect on old timers like
> KROQ. Duh. I don't need "extraps" to tell me that. Jack is
> having a profound impact in the market..obviously,as you can
> see that to date, KLOS net gain 12+ has been minimal to
> nothing at best.
>
> My market opinions are these...Jack-Fm will be a fluke,like
> Pirate was. Mr. Richards were you here in the market for
> Pirate Radio, I was. Mr. Eduardo were you? Look back at
> what happened and didn't happen at Pirate 100.3. Jack is
> nearly the same "anti" radio concept tried, flew, and then
> crash landed in a disaster. With all the skeptic talk about
> Indie, the fact is, it is around, it is servicing it's
> listener's with a quality presentation and a quality spot
> load the station has not seen in over a decade (that alone
> is a success story!!!) and it has a polished presentation
> and marketing direction better than station's twice it's
> size (did somebody say STAR with a Full market signal and
> 1.9 share - gee that makes Indie a success with 1 share and
> a limited signal. That's what I think this Sam dude is
> screaming about, and rightfully so. Let the people speak for
> god sake. Oh, btw, I work for a competitor of Indies, so I
> am only praising a small operation on a very small budget
> putting out a well produced, well executed format that
> is...professional and not horrid like the formats that it
> replaced over the years since it's Jazz format.
>
>

don't bother

I'd let his post stand so all eyes can see what a total buffoon this cat is.
At least I got my good laugh in for the day.
>
> No, you won't be banned. But the post may be deleted, since
> criticizing a moderator in a post is a violation of the
> rules of radio-info, written by the "owners" you've already
> e-mailed.
>

> > Nor do I "think" Entravision could make any
> > "more" money with any "other" format on that signal than
> > Indie.
>
> Entravision may not... but a different owner, for example,
> an Asian group, might. I personally think they would.

Do you think the 103.1 signals match up well with the distribution of the market's Asian population? In all the discussions about their shortcomings, it seems as though some rather large patches of Asian-dense areas would have reception problems.

Will I be banned? I am emailing this directly to the
"owners" to ask if this post is approved or not.

So...YOU'RE the one who told my eight grade teacher she forgot
to assign a term paper over the Christmas break. In 1967.
(yawn)
Jeez...give it a rest already. I can't speak for anyone else, but
if you don't like the way the board operates, go ahead and "form your
own professional site". I'm sure you have months of radio experience
to build it on. <P ID="signature">______________
you're not a lawyer, are you?</P>

Your post violated Radio-Info rule #5, which would be reason enough for the owners to ban you.

However, as it is obvious that you created this posting account just to be able to conceal yourself (meaning that, despite your statement that you are "new here" you are more likely one of the disgruntled regulars who wants to hide behind a "new" name), banning you would serve no purpose.

After all, your only other post was the one in which you claimed Indie had increased its power to cover the San Fernando Valley, which betrays your statement that you are a knowledgeable local who works for David's competition. (Everyone knows Indie can't increase its power, and if they had somehow managed to get a CP for that it would have generated discussion on its own.)

I am closing the thread, with the cautionary note that your threats to have me removed are going to fall on deaf ears. I have proven my worth to the owners and they aren't going to give credibility to a "new" person.
<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Re: don't bother

> I'd let his post stand so all eyes can see what a total
> buffoon this cat is.

My thinking exactly.
<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom