• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WNCI had 21 minutes of commercials in the 11:00 am hour

You are commenting on one market's and one owner's implementation of a single format. And taking your example of WNCI and converting it to a condemnation of all CHR stations in Ohio.

With no evidence or points of comparison, you are condemning the entire market and state's CHR stations. Yet, despite WKRP's image, Ohio has had some great Top 40 stations going back to WERE, WHK, WIXY and WCOL and WSAI and WCPO. And there were good medium market ones like WHOT in Youngstown and WING in Dayton to name just two.

If you can't post specific comparisons, don't post.
You do have to have the last word, don’t you? I’m not at all surprised you had to reply to my last post on the 105.9 the Oasis thread, which I never read because I’m not going to argue with you. For some reason, you were singling me out when it was actually somebody else that questioned why we needed another religious station that was delivering the same message.

Many of these posts are merely commentaries and opinions. After all, it’s a discussion board. My posts aren’t any different than ones I’ve been posting for the past several years without any problem and no different from what others are posting. You’ve never said anything before. Now, suddenly it’s a problem. So once again you’re singling me out.

Will you leave me alone? Please! Your attitude towards me is menacing and bordering on harassment.

You have some sort of problem with me, and I’m trying to ignore you.

Last edited:
You are commenting on one market's and one owner's implementation of a single format. And taking your example of WNCI and converting it to a condemnation of all CHR stations in Ohio.

With no evidence or points of comparison, you are condemning the entire market and state's CHR stations. Yet, despite WKRP's image, Ohio has had some great Top 40 stations going back to WERE, WHK, WIXY and WCOL and WSAI and WCPO. And there were good medium market ones like WHOT in Youngstown and WING in Dayton to name just two.

If you can't post specific comparisons, don't post.

Also, a message of this nature would have been more appropriately delivered as a private email, not as a post to a message board for all to see. I also think you’re being rather dramatic.

You might be interested in the following post. I had to confirm my assessment of this situation was on target. I will be posting my experience there as well.

Honestly, I haven’t had any problems with most of the people here except for you and a couple you’re sycophants, which I notice in the next comment one has ridden in on their white horse praising you. Of course, he had to throw in he was in the military (what does that have to do with anything).

Given you’re moderator/administrator, you‘re clearly discriminate, and don’t want me here, there’s no point in me continuing with this website. It’s an unpleasant experience. You’re a very rude and obnoxious person. You sound like a very bitter old radio programmer that doesn’t make very much money. So please go ahead and ban me. I don’t want to be here anymore.

Last edited:
Thank you David for getting this thread off the bickering and back on to radio. You are indeed right about some of the great radio stations. As a person who was in the military and also traveled alot over the years, I can say that Ohio's market and stations are second to none!

As a person who was in the military and also traveled alot over the years, I can say that Ohio's market and stations are second to none!
IMO other Ohio markets have had some great stations, but Columbus...not so much. One theory I've long had is that Columbus has historically been under-radioed in big FM and AM signals, so stations here haven't had to compete as hard, and could win with a less-engaging product. This was doubly true before consolidation, which eliminated winning as the goal for many individual stations nationally.

Last edited:
fedacct1 your comments are over the top and plain rude to be blunt. A typical reaction is to create an issue and blame it on the person who points out the issue you create. Instead why not evaluate your comments from the perspective of one working at the station(s) you comment on.

IMO other Ohio markets have had some great stations, but Columbus...not so much. One theory I've long had is that Columbus has historically been under-radioed in big FM and AM signals, so stations here haven't had to compete as hard, and could win with a less-engaging product. This was doubly true before consolidation, which eliminated winning as the goal for many individual stations nationally.

True honestly WNCI could have always been so much more for a CHR with that monster signal example in the 90's era they tried to target "Sunny" head on with their "not to hard not to lite' when the 90's was boomin' with some amazing CHR music! - I remember when The Power Pig came on and then morphed into Hot 105.7. That was a legit station despite its signal issues being in Marysville. I grew up listening to "Super Q 93.7" struggling to wiggle the antenna just right to pick up "Open House Party" at night to hear the songs WNCI would not touch!

Clearly there was a 'reason' after the consideration happened that iHeart moved a handful of signals into Columbus! If WNCI had a solid Class B or Class C signal in the 90s as a competitor I wonder if WNCI would still be the format it is today or if someone else would have came in and ruled as CHR king.

Just look at what Nationwide did with WCOL 92.3 in 1994 moving to country and basically pushing out every other "weaker" country signal in the market!

Interesting fact is that Nationwide at the time owned both WNCI and WCOL I wonder if in the 90s they were more focused on making WCOL the Country king and without WNCI having 'serious competition' it just kind of muttered along as is. From the Jacor days to Clear Channel and now iHeart it honestly has been a fairly run of the mill CHR format without much excitement.

My two cents at least.

Back
Top Bottom