• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMPZ and WJTT

I streamed POWER 94 about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night, but it sounded dull and boring. Then again comparing it to ATL they are the only Hip-Hop/R&B in Chatt Town so they win by defualt. Clear Channel has an Urban AC up there that competes with GROOVE 93.

Shawty, do power Power 94 have mixshows?

Groove 93 sounds pretty good to me. Had them on yesterday, better than average urban AC musically. Lots of gold.

I remember several years ago WJTT was still more a "full service" urban, dayparted like WVEE. That may no longer be the case, many stations have moved away from that.

I hate it when a mainstream urban doesn't have weekend mixshows.

Scholarm1111 said:
Groove 93 sounds pretty good to me. Had them on yesterday, better than average urban AC musically. Lots of gold.

I remember several years ago WJTT was still more a "full service" urban, dayparted like WVEE. That may no longer be the case, many stations have moved away from that.

This is the reason why most major market urban stations sound like garbage.

Well the latest ratings has POWER 94 all the way down to #6 overall with a 4.6 rating. They were always #2 or #3 in the overall ratings. The Clear Channel Urban AC translator, 96.1 THE BEAT is now beating GROOVE 93.... what's going on in ChattTown?

I don't know about the ratings but I just Groove 93 on for an extended listen and they sounded really good. Local DJ, deeper old school library than most urban ACs and Mitch Faulkner voicers I believe. Sounds like a throwback station to maybe 15 years ago. Maybe people in Chattanooga prefer the generic premium choice stuff?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom