• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMGE Miami HD-2

Similar to an earlier post, I've been checking out some of the HD second channels that are available online. One immediately caught my interest. It's the HD-2 channel of Clear Channel's WMGE Miami. Go to
http://www.clearchannelmusic.com/hdradio/
and scroll down to "Miami" where you'll find **ADULT STANDARDS** listed.

As someone once commented, "Holy Cabooses!" This is IMHO a true Adult Standards format, something that I've not been able to find anywhere else. (Sirius recently blended in their Big Band channel...WWI's channel has gone way over the edge towards AC...etc.) (But please, let me know if something else is available online.)

I applaud Clear Channel for offering this one, teeny tiny step, in one market. (You'll note when you visit that site, there are zillions of formats available on HD but only one listed as "Adult Standards." **sigh**)

> I applaud Clear Channel for offering this one, teeny tiny
> step, in one market. (You'll note when you visit that site,
> there are zillions of formats available on HD but only one
> listed as "Adult Standards." **sigh**)
>

Thanks for the link. Clear Channel runs adult standards formats on some of their AM stations, but I don't know if any of them stream or not. The only problem with Standards being on a HD-2 channel is, at least for now, there are very few radios to receive it. More people are likely to listen on line than off the air. Putting niche formats on HD sub channels may be the thing that might make this service fly. We'll see.

In the mean time, there are a lot of Standards stations that stream, including my own. You can find a list at http://www.radio-locator.com/ It's by no means everyone, but it is relatively accurate.

> In the mean time, there are a lot of Standards stations that
> stream, including my own. You can find a list at
> http://www.radio-locator.com/

I thank you for directing me to that site...
but...
after I did an exhaustive search for "standards" and "adult standards," I finally found your station listed in Radio-Locator under "nostalgia."

**Harrumph**

Who at Radio-Locator came up with that one? I consider "nostalgia" to be equivalent to "old-time radio," or the radio shows such as Jack Benny and Fibber McGee, *not* the great American music of the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s. If one is going to call standards "nostalgia," then one should also lend the term to "oldies" and "80s rock," among others -- all of these evoke memories and feelings of the past, which is what "nostalgia" is.

I repeat, **Harrumph**

> I thank you for directing me to that site...
> but...
> after I did an exhaustive search for "standards" and "adult
> standards," I finally found your station listed in
> Radio-Locator under "nostalgia."
>
> **Harrumph**

I should have warned you. I can't understand the "nostalgia" (and nothing else) moniker either. That seems to be a Radio Locator special. It is still a pretty useful site though.

Actually, Arbitron lists "Nostalgia" as a recognized format, as well as "Adult Standards/MOR", "Classic Hits," "Adult Hits," "Easy Listening," "Other," and "Variety." It sounds confusing to me. It would be easy for most people to search for the wrong thing.

Streaming Clear Channel adult standards stations

> Thanks for the link. Clear Channel runs adult standards
> formats on some of their AM stations, but I don't know if
> any of them stream or not.

I know that Clear Channel's adult standards WDDV "1320 The Dove" in the Sarasota, FL market streams.

www.doveradio.com

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom