• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLW signal at night

That would have been the 50-50 club, simulcast on the WLW television stations. It was. hosted by Ruth Lyons in the 50s and 60s, and Bob Braun in the late 60s, 70s into the 80s. The radio simulcast ended 1980ish

Yeah, that was it. Couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called or the hosts.

That would have been the 50-50 club, simulcast on the WLW television stations. It was. hosted by Ruth Lyons in the 50s and 60s, and Bob Braun in the late 60s, 70s into the 80s. The radio simulcast ended 1980ish

Yeah, that was it. Couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called or the hosts.
Fun fact: Only one full-length episode survives, recorded on a WLW logger tape the day of the JFK assassination.

Fun fact: Only one full-length episode survives, recorded on a WLW logger tape the day of the JFK assassination.

Well, if someone can develop Faster Than Light travel they can jump 60 light years away and record the broadcasts as they zip on by. Hey, if they can still pick up Voyager 1 & 2 messages from 12-14 billion miles away they can probably get WLW [along with everything else on 700 AM]

WLW coming in here just West of Atlanta. Not crystal clear but listenable. KMOX coming in clear, usually the two are received similar around here.

They have dug up the grounding radials at the site. It's an absolute abomination of what they're doing there. (And yes, I know their former and retired CE). "The Big One" may soon be the "Not So Big One" at the rate they're going. They might as well power down to a Class B.

They have dug up the grounding radials at the site. It's an absolute abomination of what they're doing there. (And yes, I know their former and retired CE). "The Big One" may soon be the "Not So Big One" at the rate they're going. They might as well power down to a Class B.

All the radials? Obviously I guess they can still pump out a solid signal without them, but I'm curious at the end of the day how degraded their signal ultimately will become.
I'm noticing very little difference daytime in central Ohio, other than a little extra static in places I don't remember hearing much if any before. Nighttime, parts of the Columbus area are still cancellation-free. My area, Pickerington, is outside that zone by maybe five miles.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom