• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLTW (106.7) - HD2 (iHeart 80’s)

For the last 24 + hours WLTW-HD2 has been stuck in a 30 second loop playing and repeating part of John Mellencamp’s “Jack and Diane.” The song displayed shows a different song.

I tried calling the number listed for WLTW and their request hotline but either it says the mailbox is full or nobody answers.

Obviously the problem is from iHeart 80’s but doesn’t any engineer from LITE-FM monitor what is going out over their HD subchannels?

If anyone from the station is reading this, please fix it.

It would be great for WCBS rather than their rebroadcasting their AM signal. 98.7 and 101.9 do not even broadcast in HD. If they switched to HD, there would be room for each station to put on music channels. Given they don’t need much bandwidth for voice, they could put music channels with decent t audio fidelity.

There is no true oldies 50s60s HD channel in NY LA,Philly,DC and other major markets have them..

we have a really good oldies station here in philly, WMGK HD2 102.9 great oh wow tunes from 55 to 72, from Dion to Them to Brown, Surf, Motown, British Invasion, female singers, Instrumentals, but if your out of range your out of luck, they do not stream...

For a while, Jack or a Jack clone was on WCBS-FM HD2. For several years News 880 has been rebroadcast on 101.1 HD2. I think that an HD2 station on 98.7 or 101.9 FM would limit the range of those stations

I wouldn't think it would limit 98.7 or 101.9 as they are only playing talk. That would not use as much bandwidth as if either station played music.

Looks like it’s gone for good on 106.7 HD3. The iHeart 80s stream now runs a legal ID for a station in Tucson instead of WLTW.

In any event, 106.7 HD2 duplicates WCBS-FM. I think iHeart should bring another format to that HD2 channel.

I don't know if I'd say that. I think iHeart80s offers a better and more balanced variety of '80s music than CBS-FM. It also has much better imaging IMO. But hey, I'm sure they get more listeners through streaming than they did on WLTW's subchannel.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom