• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WLRE Radio Elloree/Santee area

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, we have been on air for 6 years with WLRE Radio as an LP station in the Elloree/Santee area on 105.5 & 96.3 & 98.7 FM. We play a country format heavy on real country. This is a great chat room forum lot of good information, glad to be here.

I remember when the Elloree/Santee area actually had a real radio station---on AM&FM. I believe it was 1370 AM and 100.3 FM. Was it WSOL?

I know I was the engineer, and it was WSOL 1370 AM / WMNY 100.3 FM which later changed call letters to regain the WORG call. It is now has it's studio's in Orangeburg with Garris Communications which I have worked with before also. Clarence Jones owned WSOL/WORG back then and also was the person who started 107.5 WNKT when it was first in St. George. I have been here in electronics and communications for over 30 years and before that I engineered for Y100, 96X, WIRK, radio along with WPLG, and WTVJ in Miami and West Palm Beach, FL back in the 70's. When I moved back to SC in the late 70's I didn't do much engineering for radio or TV stations after that just communications work. Clarence had an LPFM till 8 months ago but had to take it off air due to bad health (WSHG) 105.9 & 97.7 FM. Mine (WLRE) is still doing very well it may be a small station but it is very real just ask anyone around this area.

Still here

I know I was the engineer, and it was WSOL 1370 AM / WMNY 100.3 FM which later changed call letters to regain the WORG call. It is now has it's studio's in Orangeburg with Garris Communications which I have worked with before also. Clarence Jones owned WSOL/WORG back then and also was the person who started 107.5 WNKT when it was first in St. George. I have been here in electronics and communications for over 30 years and before that I engineered for Y100, 96X, WIRK, radio along with WPLG, and WTVJ in Miami and West Palm Beach, FL back in the 70's. When I moved back to SC in the late 70's I didn't do much engineering for radio or TV stations after that just communications work. Clarence had an LPFM till 8 months ago but had to take it off air due to bad health (WSHG) 105.9 & 97.7 FM. Mine (WLRE) is still doing very well it may be a small station but it is very real just ask anyone around this area.

I saw this old thread come up on my computer while working on some things. So I thought I would say yes WLRE Radio 96.5 FM is still here and still very real. We changed frequency to 96.5 FM many years ago. It is now 2018 and we have been on the air for 18 years through thick and thin we still going strong

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom