• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKRP in Cincinnati

There were a handful of commercial AM rockers in the 90s. A few off the top of my head:

970 KBBT Portland, OR 1990/91 to 1996 (alternative - "The Beat")

1060 KUKQ-AM Phoenix, AZ 1989-1993 and 1994-1996 (alternative)

1330 WEBO Binghamton, NY - years uncertain, but possibly into the early 00's (alternative - "The Web")

1340 WLAV-AM Grand Rapids, MI 93-95 (alternative - "1340 Underground")

Of course, some college stations have been on AM - for example KUOM "Radio K" Minneapolis which plays a great deal of alternative rock and has since 1993, even showing modestly in the ratings at times.

There were a handful of commercial AM rockers in the 90s. A few off the top of my head:

970 KBBT Portland, OR 1990/91 to 1996 (alternative - "The Beat")

1060 KUKQ-AM Phoenix, AZ 1989-1993 and 1994-1996 (alternative)

1330 WEBO Binghamton, NY - years uncertain, but possibly into the early 00's (alternative - "The Web")

1340 WLAV-AM Grand Rapids, MI 93-95 (alternative - "1340 Underground")

Of course, some college stations have been on AM - for example KUOM "Radio K" Minneapolis which plays a great deal of alternative rock and has since 1993, even showing modestly in the ratings at times.
You reminded me that Portland had a suburban daytimer with a poor signal that ran Z-Rock(Metal)and had a pretty good following. It was enough that a full coverage AM launched a similar format. What happened next is that the new station failed to catch on and the Z-Rock national distributor changed the format! The new station then switched to the then new Sports format and has been there ever since, through three frequencies!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom