• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKLG 102.1 gone?

C

cd637299

The last 2 days or so, WKLG 102.1 was dead-air. Now tonight, off the air.

Does anyone know the status?

cd

cd637299 said:
The last 2 days or so, WKLG 102.1 was dead-air. Now tonight, off the air.

Does anyone know the status?

cd

Have not been down to the Keys in a long time. Could it tower maintenance? A 100k watt signal doesn't just go away.

It's back today, albeit sounding with lower power, as if nothing had happened.

cd

cd637299 said:

cd

Other than, maybe, Ougadougu, I can't think of a worse radio market than the Keys. This particular station has less than 30,000 persons in its 70 dbu signal in an area full of Miami signals. While technically in Dade, this is really a Monroe County / Keys station.

DavidEduardo said:
cd637299 said:

cd

Other than, maybe, Ougadougu, I can't think of a worse radio market than the Keys. This particular station has less than 30,000 persons in its 70 dbu signal in an area full of Miami signals. While technically in Dade, this is really a Monroe County / Keys station.

Maybe, but I sure love to DX there.....where else can one hear Cuba FM in stereo?

cd

CD, where is the farthest north that Cuba can be picked up with relative ease? I am guessing that it has to be south of Key Largo.

It varies....some days Cuba isn't there at all. Often you need beyond a car radio....you'll need to set up shop with outdoor antenna & a good FM radio. You really don't wanna try from the cities proper (Like Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Key West). Driving on the bridges will give you the best beacons. Just have someone else tune the radio while driving, or keep it on one frequency (I think 99.9 is the best indicator---you'll know if you're getting Cuba OR Miami better)...it can be dangerous!

www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_car.html is the best website out there to see if it's worth the drive.

cd

96.7 is the flagship and post powerful in the Rebelde network. It is usually audible on a decent car radio from the middle Keys to Key West. 99.9 Rad Cad Hab is indeed the next best shot. I've heard a Reloj and a couple of others eithr on tropo or from the Keys but can't recall the channels offhand. Nassau FM is also possible between Key Largo and Long Key. A fantastic place to set up to DX is Long Key State Park's parking lot.

In Clearwater where I reside, I've had tropo and heard 96.7, 99.9 plus 99.1 Musical Nacional.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom