• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJZA Now in HD

Noticed this morning that there is an HD signal present on 101.1. Not strong enough to kick in while I was driving around south Buckhead, but it was strong enough to show the call letters.

Amigo

I’ve had this happen too. I believe the HD signal can only broadcast at a fraction of the power of the main analog signal. So with that being said, none of the Atlanta translators broadcast in HD for this reason.

The Wikipedia page for WJZA says the translator is currently silent, due to complaints from WLJA.

But I assume the dispute has been worked out and WJZA is again on 101.1, as well as AM 1310... and 100.1 WNSY in Talking Rock, Georgia.

I've picked the HD signal up in Knoxville, TN several times. Just enough to show the call letters. We have a low power station in town and I was still picking it up well. I've also had WUBT-fm Nashville call letters pop up on that freq. too. I believe it's just e-skip.

I've picked the HD signal up in Knoxville, TN several times. Just enough to show the call letters. We have a low power station in town and I was still picking it up well. I've also had WUBT-fm Nashville call letters pop up on that freq. too. I believe it's just e-skip.

No, at that short a distance..100-400 miles.. its tropo.... tropo can happen at longer distances sometimes but doesnt usually. Eskip is usually 750 miles or greater

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom