• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WIWF adds HD, WTMA on HD-2

WTMA has been surprisingly resilient to be sort of a second rate talk station and on AM only in a smaller market until now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cumulus tries to get it a translator at some point…if Kirkman hasn’t hoarded them all 🤣

About 2-3 years overdue with this move. Maybe more. WTMA is at their lowest rating as a talk station. Under a 1 share. They only have the two local hours 7-9 with the former FM DJs (John Quincy and Sheree).

They were much stronger when they had Charlie James and Tara before they went to WYRD.

That 96.9 HD signal might be one of the best ones in the country. 100kw with that tower.

96.9 is a beast of a signal. I was getting it 35 miles south of Greenville last week. It’s a pretty good station and the best 96.9 has been since Sunny…but they really need to find a better morning show either local or syndicated. JB&B is not going to help with especially women, who make up a significant component of the classic hits listening audience. I think that holds them back from getting better numbers.

Don't know the signal was like there back then but cable in Myrtle Beach had the beautiful music station "Ecstasy" on a channel with announcements on screen. And I don't think any station in the Myrtle Beach market had beautiful music then. WAAV 102.7 might have reached the area.

I also picked up WXTC south of Monroe at least once.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom