• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

With 650 AM from Honolulu now silent, I was able to get KENI from Anchorage

I haven't done much DXing with my PR-D5 lately because of all the background noise where I am but I managed to null it out as best as possible and KENI actually broke through for a short time.

I pulled in KFQD on Maui several years ago. Have you been able to receive any other Alaska stations? That was a pretty good signal from KENI.

I presume that with KPRP AM 650 silent in Honolulu, KFI AM 640 from Los Angeles must come in clean as a whistle with no adjacent channel interference. Also, KTNN AM 660 from Window Rock, Arizona is probably an easier catch now too. I will be in Honolulu next month and I will be able to check out the DXing conditions myself in person!

I presume that with KPRP AM 650 silent in Honolulu, KFI AM 640 from Los Angeles must come in clean as a whistle with no adjacent channel interference. Also, KTNN AM 660 from Window Rock, Arizona is probably an easier catch now too. I will be in Honolulu next month and I will be able to check out the DXing conditions myself in person!
Enjoy Honolulu and good DXing to you.

If you can escape the electrical interference, DX from Hawaii is great. I was on the Kanehoe SDR just before 0600 Hawaii time this morning and almost every 9 khz frequency had something there. Lots of Japanese, Chinese, and Korean stations, plus a decent signal from Tonga 1017. If you can hit the dials after the US is in daylight, it's a different world, DX-wise.

As I posted in another thread, 650 was silent on the Kaneohe SDR when I checked this morning at 9:25 local Hawaii time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom