• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Will KQQL go all Xmas early again?

Usually in the past, KQQL would go all Xmas the Friday before Thanksgiving, but last year, they went early on the first Friday of November... Do you think they'll go back to the old tradition or continue going early?

Doesn't appear they are flipping today, so I'm thinking they will go back to week of Thanksgiving.

Would be a perfect time to flip KMNB to Christmas ahead of a Jan 1 flip to something that performs better than KLCI!

Exactly my thoughts
Seeing where Love is right now, it would also be a good opportunity to flip that to Christmas for a revamped Soft AC in January too, if Cumulus was so inclined. Not sure how it is billing as the current incarnation, but it does look like ratings have fallen a bit in the last year.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see 102.9 used for WCCO FM. Audacy loves sports, and sports pairs well with WCCO which will eventually need an FM presence if it hopes to stay relevant. Longer term, they could then flip 830 to sports betting, which they also seem to love right now, if they wanted to split the simulcast down the line (and felt it made financial sense).

Update: They went all Christmas at 5.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom