• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WILD 939 LOSES DJ OLD SKOOL

Wow you know cuts are bad when they lost the PD/MD that was actually making a difference. Aaron Scott replaces him - stay tuned for a more Mainstream CHR sound I'm guessing.

Well, not to say anything bad against DJ Old Skool, because to be quite frank with you, he and I got along fine and I never had any problems/issues with him even though we were working for opposing companies...but, the idea of making WILD a more mainstream sounding CHR may not necessarily be a bad thing...after all, considering some of the changes that "may" be happening at the cross-town competitor in the coming weeks anyway...

...but that's just me!

I could be wrong! :=)

I honestly do not know. It's tough to tell with all of the various production that runs on WILD. That's not a bad thing, but I can't really tell yet because of everything around where the VT's are.

Yes, WLWD is on Premium Choice and being programmed out of Columbus Ohio. Does anyone know what happened to the guy on Star?

Yes, I do!

Kennedy accepted an Operations Manager job at a cluster in Flagstaff. He is also doing mornings on 105.1-THE COYOTE in that very cluster! :)

Changes in the competitor.... hmm.... Star 92.1 could become more of a Hot AC. Leaving WILD to fill the Mainstream void? What about Rhythmic/Urban now? Lima cannot rely on HOT 1029 outta Dayton or Ft. Wayne's rhythmic to give them the hip-hop. They need a strong/fair signal like WILD had.... well, in that case strong. :)

But who would actually do it in Lima?

Don't know...but the history of Lima radio back in the day was the virst full--time contemporary station of any kind in Lima was 92 zoo. If you wanted anything but country or Beautiful Music, you listened to a surrounding station or Ft. Wayne. WKKI, Celina once was number one with 3kW from 40 miles away.

Yes, WLWD is on Premium Choice and being programmed out of Columbus Ohio.

No, the only one that does do a live show is Matt. He's on the weekends. www.wild939.com/pages/matt06.html

There's others but are VT I believe. D&J mornings, Seacrest with On Air and AT40.
John D Afternoon
Phoenix Night

gr8oldies said:
Don't know...but the history of Lima radio back in the day was the virst full--time contemporary station of any kind in Lima was 92 zoo. If you wanted anything but country or Beautiful Music, you listened to a surrounding station or Ft. Wayne. WKKI, Celina once was number one with 3kW from 40 miles away.

When did 92 Zoo move from Moulton to Lima? I remember driving by the studios on 33A going to and from St. Marys thinking how cool it was that a radio station (it was WAXC then) came out of Moulton.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom