• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why doesn't WLS have a Memorial Day "Rewound" show...

Like WABC? Just wondering... I'm sure there is enough tape out there to put a great 12 hours together... If ABC does it in New York, why not in Chicago?

> Like WABC? Just wondering... I'm sure there is enough tape
> out there to put a great 12 hours together... If ABC does it
> in New York, why not in Chicago?
>

I remember they did something like that once a few years ago. I guess there just isn't enough interest in it.
<P ID="signature">______________
Jeremy Andrews

</P>

>
> I remember they did something like that once a few years
> ago. I guess there just isn't enough interest in it.
>

I bet Jeff Davis would put something together if they wanted it.

> >
> > I remember they did something like that once a few years
> > ago. I guess there just isn't enough interest in it.
> >
>
> I bet Jeff Davis would put something together if they wanted
> it.
>
NOT ENOUGH INTEREST!!!??????? I remember it and loved it. I taped as much of it as I could and still listen to the tapes.

> > >
> > > I remember they did something like that once a few years
>
> > > ago. I guess there just isn't enough interest in it.
> > >
> >
> > I bet Jeff Davis would put something together if they
> wanted
> > it.
> >
> NOT ENOUGH INTEREST!!!??????? I remember it and loved it.
> I taped as much of it as I could and still listen to the
> tapes.

Not that I should totally use those jugheads as any measurement of interest, but the chi.media newsgroup was totally puzzled about the Rewind day when 'LS did it a few years ago.

It is strange, especially considering that they're now using the late 70s/80s logo for the station and have the resings of the 70s/80s jingles.

> > > >
> > > > I remember they did something like that once a few
> years
> >
> > > > ago. I guess there just isn't enough interest in it.
> > > >
> > >

The thing sometime back was some kind of station anniversary program, 75th anniversary or something like that. Wouldn't it be an easy sell to convince them to do this yearly, since WABC does it? Maybe it's time to start a campaign!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom