• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who we lost in 2018..Philadelphia Radio

2018 was the last year WOGL ran it's traditional "2000 Song Countdown" on Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekend.

Still not the KY' we grew up with.

ixnay
Not sure about the KY you grew up with, but the KYW I grew up with is pretty much doing the same thing it long has been, with a little freshening here and there. There was not a seismic shift, and nor should they sound exactly as they did years--or decades--ago. The world changes, tastes change, needs change. Evolve or die.

I agree. It's what's infested Sears. Even Henry Ford stopped making tin lizzies and evolved.

If I were Silverman I no doubt would've made the same changes, make it fresher. I'm looking at this from a listener's perspective. I do like the repositioning of sports on the wheel. Next month I won't have to wade through half of the half hour for Phillies ST news.

ixnay

No sure how long he was at WIBG in the early 1960s, but Jim Luce know as Jack Starr at WIBG and in a number of other radio markets passed away in late 2018.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom