• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

When WINZ Flips back to Sports... the AM options are?

>>It's almost fascinating how more and more programming moves are becoming cost-ineffective. With Clear Channel private and owned by a group of equity firms, basically it means they have to make the money back by any means necessary>>

It's like throwing every idea against the wall and hoping something sticks.

RatchetUp said:
Stuart Elliott said:
CC blew it once with WRFX and could suffer again.

RFX - they must have made some impact with you because you remembered the calls -

Impact on me?? Hardly. It stems more from being on air in this market for 20+ years and browsing the trades since leaving the industry. Things just stay in your head. Some people call it useless information....not impact.

raccoonradio said:
A page on the new “Sports Animal” page at http://www.am940southflorida.com (a site plugged constantly tonight by Fox Sports
Radio’s JT The Brick) says, when you click it that prog. radio on WINZ is over:
“WINZ has not made money since it was progressive”. They go on to say that while the audience is loyal it’s
not as big as other stations (even if ratings were halfway decent, billing may be a part of it...) It also blames
the economy, “Randi Rhodes losing her syndication” etc

Here is the direct link from WINZ managnment, on why they had to drop Progressive Talk radio from the 940 frequency:

http://www.am940southflorida.com/pages/Change.html

So did any of the liberal shows on talk about losing WINZ? It's a good signal in a huge market. If I was in their shoes I'd consider this a significant loss to their network.

livingfruitvirus said:
So did any of the liberal shows on talk about losing WINZ? It's a good signal in a huge market. If I was in their shoes I'd consider this a significant loss to their network.

Liberal talk only does well in a few markets.

It's still a full AM signal in the #12 market that they'll no longer have. I'll bet a lot of those hosts don't have many more impressive signals/markets. Not just lib talkers either. There are hosts who will lose stations in significant cities and never make a peep unless a caller brings it up, and even then it's a brief mention. Never a "Thanks for supporting. You can stream us..." Meanwhile losing something like a satellite radio simulcast gets their blood boiling. Sounds like priorities are mixed up.

livingfruitvirus said:
It's still a full AM signal in the #12 market that they'll no longer have. I'll bet a lot of those hosts don't have many more impressive signals/markets. Not just lib talkers either. There are hosts who will lose stations in significant cities and never make a peep unless a caller brings it up, and even then it's a brief mention. Never a "Thanks for supporting. You can stream us..." Meanwhile losing something like a satellite radio simulcast gets their blood boiling. Sounds like priorities are mixed up.

It definitely does.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom