• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHEN WILL KYOT (EVA) REALIZE THEY MESSED UP?

Ford said:
Hamp said:
How about more specialty shows on the weekends?

How about more people on the air?

And not just people, but live, local people who are actually interacting with the listeners and (*gasp!*) trying to entertain them?

I mean, a mix show on the weekend would be nice, but a real live person in (for example) the mid day shift during the week would bring more listeners than a weekend mix show could hope for.
I'd agree with that as well. In order for a station to have personality, you have to have live and local on-air people along with good music.

VoiceofWayne said:
I think they should change the format again, to ---- oh ----- I don't know ------- Smooth Jazz -yeah that's it!

Seriously, I miss the old "Coyote" and I don't even live in Phoenix anymore. Like the previous comments, it was a great format that apparently was doing okay in the ratings.
Yes, I'm afraid KFYI - 95 is the future.
If Clear Channel didn't want a full-time smooth jazz format on 95.5 anymore, they could have at least had a smooth jazz specialty show on EVA, maybe on Sunday mornings. It could fit.

Thats true their sister station KISQ 98.1 Kiss FM in San Fransico picked up Smooth Jazz Top 20 on Sundays years ago after KKSF 103.7 flipped. It's gone now the Smooth Jazz format is on 98.1 HD2 fulltime. I notice EVA playlist too. Their playing the same vocals over and over when they were Smooth Jazz/AC. There is plently of Rhythmic Oldies music to play OPEN UP THE PLAYLIST

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom