• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHEN A BA HOST DOES A CONCERT TOUR, LOOK OUT!

C

cklw800

They're after a radio gig too! It would definately help record sales. A new kind of payola/plugola.

Just thought this might be interesting to note, although it doesn't carry a whole lot of weight by now since most of the Ramsey/Koz sweeps have already happened for CC stations. But here's the markets Koz will be touring in and only one is CC/BA;

December 8 Columbus, OH. Koz already on the Saga station.
December 9, Chicago, Koz already on
December 11, Cleveland. It's a non-BA Net/CC station there. Will it bite? It's probably being sold on it!
December 12, Detroit, MI. WVMV seems solid with Zonjic (he's a musician) and Sandy Kovack. It's CBS.
December 13, Temecula, CA. Kepler's station and a CC. I think Koz already on.
December 16 Tacoma, WA. Close enough to Seattle, another non-CC SJ market. Jim&Gina, Jay Phillips solid.
December 19, Mesa, AZ. Don't know that market
December 31, Atlanta, GA Home of WJZZ. Radio One sometimes acts wishy washy, so this is one to watch.

If Koz comes to town and I were an afternoon or even morning host it would put me ill at ease. He sweeps through town with his sax and picks up a radio gig at the same time! And Ramsey comes in through the back door! God forbid if you're a weekend host and Kenny G goes on tour! The format change rumors for WSMJ in Baltimore helped to distract from the possibility of a Ramsey/Koz takeover. I saw through it but many were looking at (or hoping for) a format flip.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom