• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wheel and Jeopardy in your market?

Yes I was and when wheel moved to CBS daytime here they preempted it as our affiliate aired Regis and Kathie Lee instead.
WBTV didn’t air it at 10:30am Eastern either, they aired Price Is Right at 10:30 for a decade so they could air Top O’ The Day at 11:30am. And like I said, when they aired it at 10am it could have been the syndicated Pat Sajak version.

WBTV didn’t air it at 10:30am Eastern either, they aired Price Is Right at 10:30 for a decade so they could air Top O’ The Day at 11:30am. And like I said, when they aired it at 10am it could have been the syndicated Pat Sajak version.
That could be I don't know for sure but I know that when our cbs channel did air cbs daytime game shows they pre-emptemted the 9:30am game show for a repeat of Jeopordy as they aired the new episode of Jeopordy in the afternoons.

KRON San Francisco was the original home for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy before those shows moved to KGO-TV since 1992. This is the same time KABC-TV got those shows.

Not sure exactly when KRON started carrying 'Jeopardy!' It wasn't on from day one, but certainly by the end of 1984. KRON aired it in various afternoon time slots (3:30/4/4:30) while 'WOF' aired at 7:30(KRON, like KGO and KPIX, ran network news at 7).
'J!' and 'WOF' made the switch to KGO on February 10, 1992, as KRON and KPIX adopted the experimental 'Early Prime Time' schedule(prime time shifted to 7-10). KGO moved ABC news to 5:30, and 'Entertainment Tonight' moved back to KRON for a while(at 6:30 or 10:30, neither slot successful).

WHP in Harrisburg, PA has had Wheel and Jeopardy! since September 1984. Wheel has aired at 7pm, and Jeopardy! at 7:30, for almost the entire time except for the 1985-1986 season - J! got "demoted" to 5:30pm to make room for the syndicated, Tom Kennedy-hosted "Price is Right" at 7:30pm. Once September 1986 rolled around, J! took back its 7:30 slot and has been there ever since.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

WOF and J! are mainly on Big 3 affiliates, but there are some cases in which there are a handful of Fox affiliates that carry the two programs. I know one independent affiliate that airs them (KJZZ in Salt Lake, also a former MNTV), and remember a UPN affiliate that aired them (WSBK in Boston), but were there any WB affiliates, or even today CW or MNTV affiliates that carry them too?

Jeopardy airs at 11:30AM here in Houston (the 2nd earliest timeslot for Jeopardy, the 1st earliest is 11:00AM and that goes to KLTV Tyler and WBBJ Jackson, they used to air on KHOU at 4:30PM before KHOU expanded their 4PM newscast).

Wheel airs at 6:30PM here on KHOU after their 6PM newscast.

Back
Top Bottom