• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's all this?

It's exactly what it says. They want to raise royalty rates and put an end to web streaming. I received a notice from LIVE 365 about it.

apco25 said:
It's exactly what it says. They want to raise royalty rates and put an end to web streaming. I received a notice from LIVE 365 about it.

Given that nearly all of the radio conglomorates are now web streaming their broadcasts, they could end up being the only ones who can afford to do internet radio thanks to the greed of record companies and their artists.

So much for liberating radio from the chains of corporate blandness.
db

there's also opposition legislation to this that will completely reform the CRB & it's CARP. the beautiful thing about washington is you CAN still make a difference if you care, and work as a team. educate & participate... the ball really is in our court.

i'm no hypocrite either, with a legal team (350+ people if needed) & lobbiests there right now. they already felt our bite once, and we're going to give them reason to never return here again. this time means war baby! and i aint playin.

...is this related to, why I can no longer access a couple of US radio stations online ...here in Australia?

Rob.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom