• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What in the ABC Wide World Of Sports is going on with Clear Channel HD-2s?

Radiogeek500

Inactive
Inactive User
Seems like quite a few CC HD-2s I have popped up to listen to are going crazy! KMEL-2 claims to be Extreme on the Hip Hop, but acts too soft, KTBT claims Adult Variety, but is really a CHR/Pop in disguise, and KYSU-2 was caught playing a Regional Mexican song. KIOI-2 has been throwing in out of place tracks as well like Barenaked Ladies and MC Lyte.

Someone doesn't know how to schedule songs or they really don't know what they wanna do with these HD-2s. Geez.<P ID="signature">______________
Happy 20th Birthday Power 106

JOSH, Moderating the whole Radio-Info radio state of California and Indiana too!

www.myspace.com/radiogeek500</P>

Yeah, Miami's HD-2s are unnanounced, and I noticed Same on 94.9's HD-2 which is Standards..Suddenly a Soul/Oldies song that was somewhat uptempo came out...On 103.5 HD-2 ("Urban Oldies"), a rockabilly/Country Classic song popped out of the blue...Not sure why but the Miami HD-2s are running with little to no production, as if they were "Music Choice" channels....Not the case in Philly or NYC, for example, where the HD-2s are well imaged..KTU's Country "doppleganger" in Gotham even has Jim Kerr plugging it with web references and all. Here in Miami, only 2 of the 4 have IDs, and only heard an ID once on one of them after a long while.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by bossmsx on 02/07/06 12:12 AM.</FONT></P>

No imaging at all on the two dayton, OH HD-2's I've heard, just a brief announcement from one of the main signal's personalities. On the oldies channel, they mixed in an unidentified instrumental and threw a TV theme in for no apparent reason. (I'm not talking about a theme that was a hit song).

I have been listening to the KQLL FM HD-2 Tulsa.
50-60's music, it sounds good. All of a sudden they played a couple
of songs from some other format. I had NO clue what they were,
then went back to 50-60's music.

Having listened to KYLD's HD2 station, I have to say they sure play a lot of english-language Dance hits for a outlet that calls themselves "WiLD en Espanol"!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom