• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

what I don't like about hot ac/mod ac

> what I don't like about the format is the new music they
> play, they should just play the 80's and 90's music and
> thats it
>
If they did that, the ratings would suck even more. Look at what happened to WNND in Chicago when they did that.

WTMX was Hot/Modern AC
WNND was 80s/90s Hot AC

WTMX had higher ratings. WNND was in the ground.

Same thing with WMLL in Saint Louis<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> > what I don't like about the format is the new music they
> > play, they should just play the 80's and 90's music and
> > thats it
> >
> If they did that, the ratings would suck even more.

Right, the women in the target demo probably love to hear new music from such artists like Bon Jovi, No Doubt, etc.

> > > what I don't like about the format is the new music they
>
> > > play, they should just play the 80's and 90's music and
> > > thats it
> > >
> > If they did that, the ratings would suck even more.
>
> Right, the women in the target demo probably love to hear
> new music from such artists like Bon Jovi, No Doubt, etc.
>

Sure the target demo would love to hear safe songs from their younger years, but it's proven that they also want to be in the know with new music too.

A healthy balance is key.... throwing out ALL new music? Radio suicide.<P ID="signature">______________
"Growing old, and living for the moment."
~Rufio</P>

> > > > what I don't like about the format is the new music
> they
> >
> > > > play, they should just play the 80's and 90's music
> and
> > > > thats it
> > > >
> > > If they did that, the ratings would suck even more.
> >
> > Right, the women in the target demo probably love to hear
> > new music from such artists like Bon Jovi, No Doubt, etc.
> >
>
>
> Sure the target demo would love to hear safe songs from
> their younger years, but it's proven that they also want to
> be in the know with new music too.
>
> A healthy balance is key.... throwing out ALL new music?
> Radio suicide.
>
not all new music but at least 1 or 2 new songs every half hour<P ID="signature">______________
http://natedoggairchecks.6x.to/
xxnate_doggxx (at) myway (dot) com</P>

> not all new music but at least 1 or 2 new songs every half
> hour
>
A station with music from 1974-1999 and one song per hour from the 00s would be a Jack-FM, Bob-FM or other Variety Hits station.

> > not all new music but at least 1 or 2 new songs every half
>
> > hour
> >
> A station with music from 1974-1999 and one song per hour
> from the 00s would be a Jack-FM, Bob-FM or other Variety
> Hits station.
>
AC stations touch the 70's music. I have not come across any Hot/Modern AC station that touch 70's music. It's typically 80's, 90's & Today, though some stations dropped 80's music. This format from my listening experience focuses mostly on 90's music with a mix of 80's, and music released in this decade up to new music. Depending on the Jack or Jack clones, they'll mix 60's tunes into their playlist. As for Jeremy's comment up above about WNND & WTMX. The reason WNND tanked is because WTMX & WNND (now WILV) are sister stations, with similar formats. One had a narrow playlist so it didn't cause ratings to drop on the top billing Hot/Modern AC station. When Bonneville sold the Loop, they couldn't keep WNND a flanker. That's why they dropped the 80's & 90's format. If WNND were run by a different company, it would have put some competition on WTMX like it did in the 90's when it was WPNT. In the next decade, Hot AC will drop 80's music and be 90's, 00's, and Today. I remember Hot AC in the 90's being 70's, 80's & Today, which was the case with the old WPNT in Chicago.

> AC stations touch the 70's music. I have not come across
> any Hot/Modern AC station that touch 70's music.

WKTI Milwaukee

not much but they do play the occational 70s track.<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> > AC stations touch the 70's music. I have not come across
> > any Hot/Modern AC station that touch 70's music.
>
> WKTI Milwaukee
>
> not much but they do play the occational 70s track.
>

Also WPLJ, for awhile in response to Jack FM, played a lot of 70s tracks, but I think they play a lot less now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom