• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What are your top 10 favorite oldies songs?

hornet61 said:
brand new oldie to add to my list.

da doo ron ron .....2009

today i was found guilty of killing someone with my gun
da doo ron ron .......da doo ron ron

i tried to call it suicide, or say she shot herself while on the run

I pleaded someone pity me like bobby blake and OJ Mon

where were you when i needed you officer furhmon
Ah yes, testimony at the Phil Spector trial. Watch for the motion picture, opening in your neighborhood soon.

GridLeakBias said:
hornet61 said:
brand new oldie to add to my list.

da doo ron ron .....2009

today i was found guilty of killing someone with my gun

i tried to call it suicide, or say she shot herself while on the run

I pleaded someone pity me like bobby blake and OJ Mon

where were you when i needed you officer furhmon
Ah yes, testimony at the Phil Spector trial. Watch for the motion picture, opening in your neighborhood soon.

No doubt, a Phil Spector production :D

sorry didn't mean to divert to spectre hit the wrong button....

earlier radioman mentioned one of my favoites "One Bourbon, One Scotch"..... I only have it by John Lee Hooker.... i bet Amos Milburn does great version.

hornet61 said:

earlier radioman mentioned one of my favoites "One Bourbon, One Scotch"..... I only have it by John Lee Hooker.... i bet Amos Milburn does great version.

Milburn's version is a staple in my jukebox.

hornet61 said:

Speakin' of John Lee - can anyone beat "Boogie Chillun"?

For a blues duo - the best in my lifetime was John and Bonnie Rait. Can't get better than that.

*John Lee Hooker, that is.

radioman148 said:
Anyone remember Amos Milburn? "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer & Chicken Shack Boogie" classic R&B from the early 50s.
90s
I have Milburn's "One Scotch...." in my collection. Never heard Hooker's version. Don't have "Chicken Shack...", but agree that its a great cut. In somewhat the same vein, there's Peppermint Harris' "I Got Loaded". Don't have that one, either, but I do have a hilarious remake of it from the early 90s by Benny Grunch (a New Orleans musician with a great sense of humor) called, "I bought Presents". (Its about a guy who just shows up in stores with a credit card, detaches himself from reality, and just keeps buying stuff....disregarding the "hangover" that will come when the bill shows up.)

cyberdad said:
radioman148 said:
Anyone remember Amos Milburn? "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer & Chicken Shack Boogie" classic R&B from the early 50s.
90s
I have Milburn's "One Scotch...." in my collection. Never heard Hooker's version. Don't have "Chicken Shack...", but agree that its a great cut. In somewhat the same vein, there's Peppermint Harris' "I Got Loaded". Don't have that one, either, but I do have a hilarious remake of it from the early 90s by Benny Grunch (a New Orleans musician with a great sense of humor) called, "I bought Presents". (Its about a guy who just shows up in stores with a credit card, detaches himself from reality, and just keeps buying stuff....disregarding the "hangover" that will come when the bill shows up.)

"I Got Loaded" by Peppermint Harris is excellent. Dick Biondi used to occasionally play it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom